New OO Bullhead Crossings

PMP

jamespetts, on 24 Nov 2018 - 13:02, said:jamespetts, on 24 Nov 2018 - 13:02, said:jamespetts, on 24 Nov 2018 - 13:02, said:

First quarter? The chap on the stand to whom I spoke said second quarter.

Oh No!!! So you're saying we could be waiting from around the end of March to the beginning of April for these.

Edited by Free At Last

• RMweb Gold

I see it has those end sleepers that are cut from the strange-shaped trees that must grow in Devon.

It certainly is a disappointment that Peco have reverted to using the boomerang sharped timbers, after the points I was hoping they had left that sort of nonsense in the past.

Edited by Wellyboots

attachicon.gif9D385C25-D871-4DCB-A430-632EC1AD443B.jpeg

More images here https://albionyard.wordpress.com/2018/11/24/warley-images-number-1-peco/

Tooling underway, anticipated first quarter 2019. Also small area static grasser that looks neat, and new Code 70 US prototype track.

Hooray. I may allow myself to get somewhat excited. 

There was a long diamond crossing, a single slip and a double slip in the display cabinet. All of these items were announced earlier this year, in about March if I recall correctly. When I inquired about the delivery time, I did not ask about one of the products individually, but simply "the bullhead slips and crossings", and was told the second quarter of 2019 approximately, which was said to mean anything between April and June.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting stuff

A shame they haven’t (as far as I can tell) released the templates in advance of release of the track. It would have surely been useful to those designing a layout now to be able to incorporate these into their plans rather than wait and see.

I’d love to be able to print out the bullhead slip and see what changes would be required to make it work rather than messing about building my current replacement. But I don’t want to wait another 4 to 6 months only to find out size wise it’s no where near what I need

I can’t be the only one in that situation...

• Like 1

A shame they haven’t (as far as I can tell) released the templates in advance of release of the track. It would have surely been useful to those designing a layout now to be able to incorporate these into their plans rather than wait and see.

Perhaps at the very least they want to wait until the tooling is complete in case any changes are required.

• RMweb Gold

Seems a few of us have spoken to different people on the Peco stand. One I spoke to said they hoped to be out for today but glitch in the tooling had to be modified. Estimate was maybe before Christmas or probably just after.

Take your pick !

No doubt we did talk to different people Merf - they were rather busy so it wasn't easy to get to speak to the designer (I couldn't - he was surrounded!).  I was told the single slip was still at the design stage hence the potential release date I quoted previously but PMP who opened this thread is usually quite well informed so perhaps he got the real story and others of us didn't?

But not to worry - whatever happens Peco won't produce and release these items until they are right so when they do arrive they will be right and that's an important plus.

• RMweb Premium

No doubt we did talk to different people Merf - they were rather busy so it wasn't easy to get to speak to the designer (I couldn't - he was surrounded!).  I was told the single slip was still at the design stage hence the potential release date I quoted previously but PMP who opened this thread is usually quite well informed so perhaps he got the real story and others of us didn't?

But not to worry - whatever happens Peco won't produce and release these items until they are right so when they do arrive they will be right and that's an important plus.

We’ve possibly spoken to different people across the Peco team this weekend, the ‘first quarter’ answer I got was definitely non-comittal which I maybe should have added. Summarising there’s obviously been a bit of a delay in the releases, but they’re very much current WIP, so perhaps we can assume by mid next year averaging the answers! And as Mike points out Peco release products that rarely need any subsequent rectification by modellers. On that quality aspect I’m more than happy to wait.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Way back when this range was first discussed, one of our wise contributors (Martin W?) opined that the crossings would look wrong with this size of sleeper at this geometry.

And they seem to be right about that. With fewer sleepers than the HO version, the 12 degree crossing and the sharp radius of the slips is somehow emphasised and they look much less good than the existing turnouts.

• RMweb Premium

Way back when this range was first discussed, one of our wise contributors (Martin W?) opined that the crossings would look wrong with this size of sleeper at this geometry.

And they seem to be right about that. With fewer sleepers than the HO version, the 12 degree crossing and the sharp radius of the slips is somehow emphasised and they look much less good than the existing turnouts.

And way back you were telling us how good your track products were going to be. ‘Nearing production’ is the quote that springs to mind. So when are we going to see any progress on your range? All we’ve seen are words not even a CAD. And to be clear if you’re range is any good I’d be more than happy to buy some, assuming of course it’s not vapourware.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And way back you were telling us how good your track products were going to be. ‘Nearing production’ is the quote that springs to mind. So when are we going to see any progress on your range? All we’ve seen are words not even a CAD. And to be clear if you’re range is any good I’d be more than happy to buy some, assuming of course it’s not vapourware.

Well, I expected that riposte from you. But it's not actually relevant to my point is it?