New OO Bullhead Crossings

PMP

Way back when this range was first discussed, one of our wise contributors (Martin W?) opined that the crossings would look wrong with this size of sleeper at this geometry.

And they seem to be right about that. With fewer sleepers than the HO version, the 12 degree crossing and the sharp radius of the slips is somehow emphasised and they look much less good than the existing turnouts.

I don't think the white plastic helps. I believe that they will look a lot better in their final colour.

• RMweb Premium

Well, I expected that riposte from you. But it's not actually relevant to my point is it?

We haven’t seen any plain track let alone a point from your good self.

Whether these crossings look good or not is entirely subjective anyway, they’re not scale models of the real thing. The relevance of my point still stands though, you made great noises about producing a range of track, telling us it was nearly in production that we’ve seen neither hide nor hair of. If these products aren’t to your liking the market is wide open, crack on and show Peco et al how it should be done. And as I mentioned, if they’re any good i’ll buy them.

Edited by PMP

• RMweb Premium

Slightly off-topic (well, not much, it's in the photos!) did anyone else notice the Bullhead Buffer Stop? I don't remember this being announced. I'll admit to not being a buffer stop afficionado, but this looks like a fairly modern design to me.

They've been available for a while.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/414957/Peco_Products_SL_1140_Rail_built_buffer_stops_for_Peco_bullhead_track_pack_of_two/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

Slightly off-topic (well, not much, it's in the photos!) did anyone else notice the Bullhead Buffer Stop? I don't remember this being announced. I'll admit to not being a buffer stop afficionado, but this looks like a fairly modern design to me.

The nearest match I can find would appear to be the LMS heavyweight design. Thanks to Chris Higgs the 2mm association produce a wide range of etched bufferstops and this is one of them, although the Peco one does look a bit skinny. Perhaps there is another that is a closer match.

Izzy

The nearest match I can find would appear to be the LMS heavyweight design. Thanks to Chris Higgs the 2mm association produce a wide range of etched bufferstops and this is one of them, although the Peco one does look a bit skinny. Perhaps there is another that is a closer match.

Izzy

That's handy to know - sadly as I suspected, a bit modern for my 1900-1910 layout, but still nice to see they exist!

Check out - [http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/52339-camden-shed/?p=1418085], this type is discussed in more detail, earliest example appears to be mid-thirties. Edited by 1BCamden