Accurascale Newly Tooled OO Deltic Exclusives!

Oliver Rails

• RMweb Gold

i think it is why is the NRM partnering with a model railway shop? They have produced many great models in the past to be fair so do not need rails.

The question is not directed at you but to another forum member. For your information,Rails and the NRM have had close corporate ties for at least 18 months and have a strong working relationship.It is simply not a question of who needs whom.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And because the Bachmann model is pants?

If you must put it that way then no it is not.It has served us well for 14 years and now the consensus of opinion is that it is time to produce something better.

Ok,so we already have one.No argument for an embargo on another,is it ?

• Like 1

i think it is why is the NRM partnering with a model railway shop? They have produced many great models in the past to be fair so do not need rails.

I suspect most of the people who have had the frustration around the delivery fiasco on the Stirling Single would disagree.

The advantage of partnering with an established (larger) shop is said shop has the experience and staff to ship out said models in a timely manner and hopefully / likely with the above mentioned drama.

• Like 1

Sorry - I do not think a thread on the Accurascale Deltic is the place to have an argument about Rails/Locomotion.   It should be elsewhere.  I would say feel free to start a thread, and put a link in here, so it can be continued.

Personally, I think that its wholly disrespectful to the Accurascale team, who are striving to deliver a superb product, to discuss it here.  Lets keep this thread to discuss the Accurascale Deltic, and the hard work that Accurascale are putting into this iconic workhorse.

Regards,

C.

Just a question in regards to D9009 'Alycidon' in BR Blue will it have the headcode and a set of letters/numbers that comes with it to replicate today's preserved prototype?

Noticed with the CAD images (yes same one is used for all CL55's) the headcode box is plated over with lights.

• RMweb Gold

When I spoke to Rails to order D9009 “Alycidon”, I asked if it is sound fitted and they said they were offered in DC, DCC and DCC and sound. If you check the Accurascale website, all versions of headcode panels are catered for including D9009’s illuminated one.

When I spoke to Rails to order D9009 “Alycidon”, I asked if it is sound fitted and they said they were offered in DC, DCC and DCC and sound.

That is contrary to what Fran has stated already, only DCC Ready is available to pre-order from Rails for the Preserved 55's and if you want DCC Sound then you'll need to purchase Accurascale's own sound pack when it's released or go elsewhere...unless Rails are offering after market sound fitting service?

I'm presuming Tulyar will be in pre-Rainhill condition, without the plaque on the nose end? I fancy an Alycidon as she was upon delivery to the NYMR, but the only FP liveried locos are this and Ballymoss from the main range, but detail wise that one isn't quite right!

I don't mind renumbering, but I don't fancy doing the white cab surrounds, as I know I'd go slightly awry somewhere!

Cheers

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm presuming Tulyar will be in pre-Rainhill condition, without the plaque on the nose end? I fancy an Alycidon as she was upon delivery to the NYMR, but the only FP liveried locos are this and Ballymoss from the main range, but detail wise that one isn't quite right!

I don't mind renumbering, but I don't fancy doing the white cab surrounds, as I know I'd go slightly awry somewhere!

Cheers

J

I’d actually like Tulyar in its Rainhill condition.

Is there a half way point and maybe have the plaques in the box for self fitting ?

That is contrary to what Fran has stated already, only DCC Ready is available to pre-order from Rails for the Preserved 55's and if you want DCC Sound then you'll need to purchase Accurascale's own sound pack when it's released or go elsewhere...unless Rails are offering after market sound fitting service?

Legomanbiffo will be assisting Rails with the Sounds for their limited edition locos.