Accurascale Newly Tooled OO Deltic Exclusives!

Oliver Rails

I seem to remember being told in no uncertain terms by Legomanbiffo himself (at a show) that a Deltic had far too much bass for a model smaller than O-gauge to render faithfully?

What has changed technically since then?  Or does the sound file run two stereo channels slightly out of sync to the two speakers?

Les

• RMweb Gold

I seem to remember being told in no uncertain terms by Legomanbiffo himself (at a show) that a Deltic had far too much bass for a model smaller than O-gauge to render faithfully?

What has changed technically since then?  Or does the sound file run two stereo channels slightly out of sync to the two speakers?

Les

Hi Les,

ESU are confident that they can do the Deltic justice in 4mm with the best sound rendition to date and design input for the chassis for the loco from the beginning, helping create what is the best possible Deltic sound in 4mm. Between that and the spec we are using for speakers etc it will be excellent. Will it rattle the fillings in your teeth? No. but no 4mm sound project can do that! It will be loud and sound like a Deltic, that much we can guarantee.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5

I can see the future complaints right now:

"Dear Accurascale,

My neighbour came knocking on my door at 3am in the morning! 3am in the morning, can you imagine that?

Fortunately I was still up playing the sounds from the Deltic model, however my wife was most displeased both by loosing sleep from the model since several weeks and finally our neighbour waking her up so early in the morning.

I am sad to say that I am forced to return the model for a full refund. It was either that or pay lawyer fees for a divorce. The funds will be used to buy a soothing jewelry which will make less noise. I would have brought that directly from yourselves, heals your website has none. May I recommend you include a jewelry section? Or fit AI so the model instantly cuts sound past midnight.

Yours sincerely,

A beaten customer"

• Funny 4

I can see the future complaints right now:

"Dear Accurascale,

My neighbour came knocking on my door at 3am in the morning! 3am in the morning, can you imagine that?

Fortunately I was still up playing the sounds from the Deltic model, however my wife was most displeased both by loosing sleep from the model since several weeks and finally our neighbour waking her up so early in the morning.

I am sad to say that I am forced to return the model for a full refund. It was either that or pay lawyer fees for a divorce. The funds will be used to buy a soothing jewelry which will make less noise. I would have brought that directly from yourselves, heals your website has none. May I recommend you include a jewelry section? Or fit AI so the model instantly cuts sound past midnight.

Yours sincerely,

A beaten customer"

No, it just needs to be so loud that it drowns out the "nagging wife", so we don't have to miss the noise by going into "selective hearing mode".

Simples!

P.S. Its only going to get worse!!!!  A deltic is a good toe dipping exercise, wait till they announce a 37! In the good old days on holiday, were still able to hear a St.Blazey 37 throbbing away in the distance on a clear night and wind in the right direction a few mins after leaving Exeter St.Davids, when the St. Blazey man opened em up wanting to get home!  Progress.....

• 1 month later...

post-31247-0-51989500-1548320439_thumb.jpg

Further to our recent announcement. We can now offer our six exclusive Accurascale newly tooled deltic locomotives with factory fitted DCC sound!!

See all versions here

The locomotives will be factory fitted with DCC sound by Accurascale and feature the same sounds and specification as Accurascales own versions. The locomotives feature the latest ESU Loksound 5 chip with two quality speakers with large sound capsules for the best possible sound.

The sound versions are now online and available to pre-order.

Priced at £250.00, pre-order now for only £30.00 deposit.

Any customers who have pre-ordered the DCC Ready version and wish to UPGRADE to a DCC Sound version please contact our Mail Order Department on HERE or email info@railsofsheffield.com

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I quite like the Tulyar model and I am liking the detail on the unpainted sample. So well done to both Accurascale and Rails for bringing this one on and others to come as well such as the two Class 92's but I will talk about those on another topic. I have NEVER owned a Deltic model before and I don't know the real ones too well as I don't remember seeing them hence being about 2 years old when the HST's replaced them. But I like the BR blue so I might treat myself to a TULYAR model of it :).

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Deltic was the most impressive UK diesel I've ever seen live .... !!

Must admit, it was just starting to pull out of Lime Street on the Trans Pennine, so twin plumes were blasting out of the exhausts and virtually reaching the roof!!

Sound was impressive as well, and the power was obvious.

I think it was when the HST moved onto the ECML.

Al.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

We are pleased to share images of the exclusive Rails of Sheffield / National Railway Railway / Deltic Preservation Society OO Gauge Accurascale Deltic Livery Samples! Available to Pre-order both DCC ready and DCC sound fitted, with just a £30 deposit. 

More images are available on our website and our partners sites. View more HERE

1816610552_Accurascale55015BRBlueFP-2.jpg.63903633b812cc5c1a3859e3ad94561f.jpg

1785206901_AccurascaleD9009BRBlue-2.jpg.8e910351b6f4c6f4aa151f9047a30b58.jpg

822817214_AccurascaleD9008BRGreen-2.jpg.0f7fdd30d81fe9510073dab4f92914e6.jpg

2099731907_AccurascaleD9019BRGreenSYP-2.jpg.a810a9d840271b06b676c97d822fa180.jpg

1873274023_ACC_D9002BRGreenSYP-2.jpg.91843a3ecea0575cf49135e632961bca.jpg

1772819060_ACC_55002BRGreenFYE-2.jpg.3f6b3e80d124c63fbd61fdff6b1ff48f.jpg

Please note: The purpose of livery samples is to analyse models and identify any issues and amendments. These will be addressed on final production models. Buffers will be included on final production models.

• Like 16

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, reddragon said:

They were supposed to be with us in Q2 2021. Anyone know where they are as no updates from Rails or Accurascale.

The last I heard from Accurascale was that the Deltics are in production and are on course for delivery Q3, shipping conditions allowing.

See post from Fran on the 17th June here:

Edited by AForce
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, AForce said:

The last I heard from Accurascale was that the Deltics are in production and are on course for delivery Q3, shipping conditions allowing.

See post from Fran on the 17th June here:

Missed that one! Rails & Accurascale websites still say Q2

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Is this the tread to enquire when or if dispatch of the exclusive Deltics is commencing??

I just contacted Rails - and was told  "There has been a slight delay with transport, we are hoping any day now they will be with us and dispatch will commence asap. Sorry for the delay"

Sounds like they have not yet received their allocation.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/06/2022 at 18:22, Hilux5972 said:

From the Facebook page. 

EEF7A72E-CC94-422E-B9AC-2087682AF0B7.jpeg

Note the complete lack of staff ? One tried to move a trolley, off with back strain, everyone else went on strike ! 🤣