Dean Goods with ROD tender

Are you sure??

Also its a colour restored photograph, which makes it even less certain what was going on. While all this digital recolouring and colour restoration is beautifully done, and makes for some very appealing images, it also means that there is now much photographic evidence that simply cannot be trusted.

Also its a colour restored photograph, which makes it even less certain what was going on. While all this digital recolouring and colour restoration is beautifully done, and makes for some very appealing images, it also means that there is now much photographic evidence that simply cannot be trusted.

Jim,

Just for the record, my comment was very tongue in cheek!

But I do take your point re photo's being coloured.

Khris

• RMweb Gold

But I do take your point re photo's being coloured.

It's not coloured as in colourised like the old postcards, it just had a colour cast corrected, completely different things.

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of the GWR Wartime Black Dean Goods, following me purchasing the book William Dean today I've been able to find several running numbers of Dean Goods that received the War Black livery. For those that are interested in the running numbers, they are at the link below:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133367-gwr-dean-goods-in-wartime-black-livery/&do=findComment&comment=3401879

Edited by Garethp8873