Bachmann K3 to K2

Unless I find any bits I've missed off, I think the K2 is done!

The loco has been weathered to look worked but clean. It was in Doncaster Works in February 1938 so as I'm trying to model May-July 1938, the K2 is fairly clean.

post-34820-0-66806600-1544376329_thumb.jpg

post-34820-0-57039600-1544376339_thumb.jpg

post-34820-0-62299500-1544376349_thumb.jpg

post-34820-0-26874700-1544376359_thumb.jpg

post-34820-0-67517700-1544376370_thumb.jpg

post-34820-0-04145900-1544376382_thumb.jpg

I posed the loco next to the other locos I've built; A sctratchbuilt O1 and a scratchbuilt J3 (both running on rtr chassis)

post-34820-0-62239600-1544376394_thumb.jpg

post-34820-0-97577400-1544376469_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality photos, I'll try and take some in daylight soon.

In two weeks I've gone from this:

post-34820-0-82396500-1544376536_thumb.jpg

To this:

post-34820-0-66806600-1544376329_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to Graeme King for supplying the parts, giving advice and answering my almost endless questions. Thanks also to all of you who have given feedback and rated my posts.

I don't have any other projects planned at the moment so this thread will go quiet for a while until I find something to fix or build.

Jamie

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

G'Day Folks

That turned out well, I still have 't had a go at a K2, just have to live to be a 100.  :O

manna

Well I can highly recommend the Graeme King kit - postage costs to Aussie would probably take the cost of the resin alone over £100 but it's definitely worth it.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

The K2 obviously didn't turn out too bad as I entered it into the Ely MRC's annual modelling competition - and won!

post-34820-0-96557800-1545212492_thumb.jpg

Then it got a run on Wickham Market

post-34820-0-34040700-1545212579_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I got some lead so that will be added to the loco today to improve traction.

Also, for anyone planning to go to the Stevenage show next year, the K2 will probably be running on Grantham The Streamliner Years for part of the day on the Saturday.

Jamie

• Like 11

"We've had worse days Rodney"

I don't know if you are too young to be familiar with that quotation.....

I'm currently watching Only Fools And Horses so I've become very familiar with phrases such as 'Lovely jubbly' and 'This time next year we'll be millionaires' .

I assume that's what you're quoting.

• JamieR4489 changed the title to Bachmann K3 to K2
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

I have been looking at the forum for many years but not really on it. I am building up a long term project in assembling a Scottish fleet and having been very impressed with what you have done with this would love to have a go at this kit. I have been hunting across the internet but haven't found where I can buy this resin body kit. I hope you don't mind me asking but would you be able to point me in the right direction? Also does the kit come with the scottish cab option?

Many thanks.

I may be able to supply one set of K2 parts (with tender parts) from remaining stock, although I daren't promise to get them sent out before Christmas, demands on time being too unpredictable at this time of year. I have not so far made a mould for a Scottish cab. Parts may be available again next year sometime, if and when I can find the time to cast more of them and, more crucially, re-make the mould for the largest part of the tender as that is now too poor for further use. A representation of a Scottish cab might even be possible (no promises) although I'm not sure they were all of the same dimensions. I only do resin casting re-runs when I have enough spare time on top of the day job, my own model making, and any new resin projects that I'm currently working on. Making parts to help others is only a small extension to my hobby that helps to reduce the overall cost of my model making and I certainly would want to expand activity to become a business as such with all that goes with that. Hence there's no web site and no active promotion of the range.

Please send me a PM if that one set of parts is of interest.

1 hour ago, gr.king said:

I may be able to supply one set of K2 parts (with tender parts) from remaining stock, although I daren't promise to get them sent out before Christmas, demands on time being too unpredictable at this time of year. I have not so far made a mould for a Scottish cab. Parts may be available again next year sometime, if and when I can find the time to cast more of them and, more crucially, re-make the mould for the largest part of the tender as that is now too poor for further use. A representation of a Scottish cab might even be possible (no promises) although I'm not sure they were all of the same dimensions. I only do resin casting re-runs when I have enough spare time on top of the day job, my own model making, and any new resin projects that I'm currently working on. Making parts to help others is only a small extension to my hobby that helps to reduce the overall cost of my model making and I certainly would want to expand activity to become a business as such with all that goes with that. Hence there's no web site and no active promotion of the range.

Please send me a PM if that one set of parts is of interest.

Thankyou very much for the response. PM sent.