Becket Lane mpd (WR)

B15nac

Hello

Thought I would start a thread on my new layout.It's a western region shed based in the late 50's early 60's it's fictional but with idea's from didcot shed an bits of Westbury ect.I started laying track on Sunday so it's all a bit new an work in progress. I'm using peco bullhead track throughout with mechanical point control. I'm not running dcc so I'm building in lots of isolated sections. The buildings are from townstreet an turntable a GWR example from metalsmiths. Here's a few pictures of the building process

Kind regards Neil

post-15503-0-97323700-1543317889_thumb.jpg

post-15503-0-63059000-1543317902_thumb.jpg

post-15503-0-67939900-1543317918_thumb.jpg

Edited by B15nac
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks I must admit I stoll the idea off Steve fay's superb layouts it's kiln sand glued down then painted black from a rattle can. Really realistic way of creating dirt oil an ash built up over years.

Kind regards Neil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Quiet a lot of progress has been made on the wiring of the layout in the last few months including a control panel being built. This is a non dcc layout so lots of isolated sections etc. I've used Peco servos to control points with wire in tube method which works nicely. I've also removed the manual Turntable Drive an added a motor an gearbox an I'm pleased with the slow smooth running of it. Still lots to do but slowly getting there now I've added a embankment around one side of the turntable an I've extended the coaling stage embankment to take more coal wagons. 

Thanks for looking 

DSC_1419.JPG

DSC_1426.JPG

DSC_1423.JPG

• Like 2