Parkside 13 ton hopper wagon

it's-er

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Straits Settlements said:

Any sign of these 13t hoppers from Parkside yet? Got it into my head they were scheduled for release in June. 

John D

Last I heard was August but that has been and gone, one day they will come closely followed by Crossrail and HS2.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

There was a sample in one of the cabinets at the Peco stand at Warley. Not the best photo, as it was through the glass, and positioned behind the overlap in the two panels of the cabinet.

IMG_20191123_101646.jpg.21274c0a4210938075b4e9c4349e0e6d.jpg

It looks rather tidy, and I'm certainly looking forward to getting one or two. I didn't get chance to speak to anyone about them, so can't provide any more gen!

Cheers

J

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

Looks like the same prototype shown last year and linked in the OP (PMP's original blog post here).

It is the same prototype. It and the LNER grain wagon (next to it in the cabinet) are still WIP with no delivery update, (I asked), except for ‘next year’.

The 13T hopper is also being produced in 7mm scale, there were no updates on that model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Nile said:

According to the news in the July RM the 4mm kit is 'very nearly ready'.

Same position as 2016 then, or was it 2015? S'pose you could always take the route of Mr A Box.

2081434744_CDepot-Gland19-022-EditSm.jpg.f6bf2186441a447f6d87e52773022480.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

During the virtual Warley this last weekend 28/29 November, one of the YouTube presentations was an interview with Peco. As part of that Peco showed a photograph of "PC-90  Our very first new Parkside wagon kit the BR (ER) 13 ton hopper wagon. Ready for production!"

The model isn't the same one in Jaymz's photograph above (a year ago!), as it is painted (undercoat only?), with a black chassis.

Peco also showed a painted and decorated sample of the O gauge version, which really does look superb.  I don't know if anyone (Peco?) can forward the photographs to here, for everyone's enjoyment?

John Storey

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

I noticed that there seemed to be a 4-wheel 14t (?) tank wagon as well; I haven't seen that discussed anywhere.

It looks identical to the Wonderful Wagons model, just unpainted. More integration of ranges?  

https://peco-uk.com/collections/wonderful-wagons/products/petrol-tank-wagon-royal-daylight

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

It looks identical to the Wonderful Wagons model, just unpainted. More integration of ranges?  

https://peco-uk.com/collections/wonderful-wagons/products/petrol-tank-wagon-royal-daylight

I think there was some mention of overhauling the tooling to some degree, but don't quote me on that.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Going through some old copies of Backtrack filleting out what is of interest to me and I noted a colour picture with a couple of these in the background.  One looks to have some sort of "Return to" or similar instructions painted on and the other looks to have/have had some sort of large label on its side.  Unfortunately I couldn't read either.   

Cannot post here because of copyright but the picture is from 12/10/63  in a spread by Dick Riley about Banbury shed and in Vol. 5, No. 4 (July/August 1991) if anyone is really keen to see it!  Sorry if so esoteric but I don't think colour images of these are common?  (Not aware of them running in Scotland, my area of interest, so haven't paid too much attention to them).

Sorry to disappoint anyone looking for an update on introduction of this kit!

• RMweb Gold
On 06/12/2020 at 14:08, Flying Pig said:

At least in 4mm, all rolling stock kits are clearly being moved under the Parkside brand.  I'd guess the same is likely in 7mm with the Peco wagon kits also becoming  Parkside (if it's not happened already).

There also seems to have been some movement in the  4mm building kits and materials ranges but, the Ratio and Wills ranges have always overlapped to some degree. The logic of what should "belong" where is not obvious and uniting the lot as Ratio (or perhaps Ratio-Wills) would seem simpler than moving individual items between them. 

Then there's the (slightly) less random variety of N Gauge branding to consider.....

I'd expect the "end-game" will see Peco as the flagship brand for track and electrics in all scales, plus the publications, and everything else as "Xxxxx by Peco". All the historical absorptions of other manufacturers neatly unified and ready to accept more should the occasion arise. 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• 2 months later...