Parkside 13 ton hopper wagon

it's-er

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great I've had a back order delivered, some 4 wagons to go with the 6 I have already made from back in September some time  ?

It looks like they have changed the wheels, probably still Alan Gibson, but no longer the black plastic wheels with highly magnetic tyres. The new issue has bright stainless steel wheels with one side attached directly to the axle, the other on a plastic bush. For the Kadee user they're brilliant as they are non-magnetic. Being so bright they do need painting and the PC90 build has them inserted early in the build so you need to paint a couple of days before you intend starting the kit.

I've already made 2 of that recent delivery and here are 8 running on my garage test track. None have any ballast in them with running weights around 12 grams.

There are so many subtle changes to markings I could easily drift off and get a few more.

Geoff T.

• 4 weeks later...

Just happened to be flicking through the Bradford Barton title "Diesels on the Eastern Region".  On page 81 there is a photo of 

BR blue Brush type two 5587 drifting through York station on what appears to be a mixed freight. The first and fourth wagons are 13T hoppers. Wagons 2,3,5,6,7,9,10 etc are 21T hoppers, wagon 8 being a 12T van. 

Always good to see prototype photos and they look pretty clean too.   

• 1 year later...

Earlier in this thread there were mentions of an O gauge version of this kit apparently well advanced.

5 years later is there any further news on this? With IRON ORE branding it would provide some nice variety among a rake of the forthcoming Dapol iron ore hoppers of diagrams 1/161 and 1/162.

3 hours ago, Mol_PMB said:

Earlier in this thread there were mentions of an O gauge version of this kit apparently well advanced.

5 years later is there any further news on this? With IRON ORE branding it would provide some nice variety among a rake of the forthcoming Dapol iron ore hoppers of diagrams 1/161 and 1/162.

It would be nice to see the reverse the Charles Roberts hopper in 4mm scale; especially as the old Mainline one is wrong on so many dimensions!

• Like 1