Parkside 13 ton hopper wagon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Straits Settlements said:

Any sign of these 13t hoppers from Parkside yet? Got it into my head they were scheduled for release in June. 

John D

Last I heard was August but that has been and gone, one day they will come closely followed by Crossrail and HS2.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
  • 1 month later...

There was a sample in one of the cabinets at the Peco stand at Warley. Not the best photo, as it was through the glass, and positioned behind the overlap in the two panels of the cabinet.

IMG_20191123_101646.jpg.21274c0a4210938075b4e9c4349e0e6d.jpg

It looks rather tidy, and I'm certainly looking forward to getting one or two. I didn't get chance to speak to anyone about them, so can't provide any more gen!

Cheers

J

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

Looks like the same prototype shown last year and linked in the OP (PMP's original blog post here).

It is the same prototype. It and the LNER grain wagon (next to it in the cabinet) are still WIP with no delivery update, (I asked), except for ‘next year’.

The 13T hopper is also being produced in 7mm scale, there were no updates on that model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Nile said:

According to the news in the July RM the 4mm kit is 'very nearly ready'.

Same position as 2016 then, or was it 2015? S'pose you could always take the route of Mr A Box.

2081434744_CDepot-Gland19-022-EditSm.jpg.f6bf2186441a447f6d87e52773022480.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

During the virtual Warley this last weekend 28/29 November, one of the YouTube presentations was an interview with Peco. As part of that Peco showed a photograph of "PC-90  Our very first new Parkside wagon kit the BR (ER) 13 ton hopper wagon. Ready for production!"

The model isn't the same one in Jaymz's photograph above (a year ago!), as it is painted (undercoat only?), with a black chassis.

Peco also showed a painted and decorated sample of the O gauge version, which really does look superb.  I don't know if anyone (Peco?) can forward the photographs to here, for everyone's enjoyment?

John Storey

• Like 1