Mountsorrel Model Railway Exhibition - 13th & 14th April 2019

Andy@IvanhoeMRS

Popped down to the show this morning with my father, must say we both enjoyed the show. There's a nice mix of layouts we though, but also their catering was spot on. Can't argue with £1.50 for a bacon bap (sorry, cob).

Thanks go to everyone involved and we look forward to going again.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wild Boar Fell said:

Popped down to the show this morning with my father, must say we both enjoyed the show. There's a nice mix of layouts we though, but also their catering was spot on. Can't argue with £1.50 for a bacon bap (sorry, cob).

Thanks go to everyone involved and we look forward to going again.

Wild Boar Fell, thank you very much to you and your father for supporting the show in its first year and also for your kind words, we're glad you enjoyed your visit and also the bacon cobs.

We hope to be back in 2020 but it all depends on our friendly local council's view on the venue's pricing structure.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Andy@IvanhoeMRS said:

Wild Boar Fell, thank you very much to you and your father for supporting the show in its first year and also for your kind words, we're glad you enjoyed your visit and also the bacon cobs.

We hope to be back in 2020 but it all depends on our friendly local council's view on the venue's pricing structure.

I hope that works out for 2020, because I thoroughly enjoyed my visit yesterday afternoon- I'd already had lunch so didn't sample the catering, but a good selection of layouts, and picked up a couple of things I'd been looking for from traders. All in all a very good addition to the local exhibition circuit, if you're back next year, I definitely will be!

• Thanks 1

A few us members from Market Harborough Model Railway Group, attended the Ivanhoe MRS exhibition on the Saturday and we much enjoyed ourselves. Thought this was a good, varied local show and a super effort for a return to show hosting in a new venue, after a long absence.

We thought the mix of layouts and trade was good, and the layout selection  was very impressive for a new show. The offering, IMO gave something for everyone, from the big O Gauge layouts like Buxworth and Saltdean to some good examples of what can be achieved with far less space. St John’s and Northbridge particularly held our attention among the 00 contingent.  

I really hope this works well for the Ivanhoe group! Attendance in the morning on Saturday seemed pretty strong , we had a half day at the show and left about 3 ish. In a new venue maybe it’s hard to tell on numbers. Well done and thanks to Andy and Ivanhoe MRS, hope to see you back again in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I had a really good time over the weekend and i would like to thank Andy and all the team from the Ivanhoe club for their efforts putting on the show.

I had loads of nice feed back for my layout and some great conversations.

Here are a few photos of Hither Green.

Cheers

Carl

45B5445E-450A-4F6F-8785-896F43320A93.jpeg.e8977373caa7f755f42b2056c5b97a79.jpeg

9C66E10A-CBCD-4E62-AF95-3E05E7396318.jpeg.eb9b7c12658859cddb09d0c2c4108a89.jpeg

C1E1997C-D69F-41F8-B3AE-C3DA50AD9ED8.jpeg.b407be85ff553cc9fa690d848d668bb3.jpeg

D8B3206B-8DDF-4148-A2CA-15D692442593.jpeg.81963f8bcb57641f6e80625d9eb8917e.jpeg

B8820E1F-9C65-4924-9D78-074F343262AD.jpeg.0e8856c5dc6a7cd80a89f3a76baef068.jpeg

A9B1AC19-B239-4956-B64B-D1FC0FF3BAAA.jpeg.5b8db1cf3f08c591fc5193b3f0c1ed57.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thought there was a very good selection of layouts there when I called in on Saturday - In fact I hadn't seen any of them before at other shows, but was particularly taken by the "Saltdean" layout.

Managed to fit the show in during a day trip to the GCR Diesel Gala, so used the provided (Dennis Dominator) shuttle bus from Quorn. Were about 20 or so other passengers on the bus on the runs I travelled on, so it appeared to be worthwhile. Noted that the Charnwood Brewery "Tap" wasn't too far from the show venue, for a future occasion as well...........................

• Thanks 1

After having a couple of days to recover, I think that it's time that I sent out a note of thanks from both myself and also from the other members of the Ivanhoe MRS - Thank you to everyone who brought layouts, displays, trade stands and demonstrations, the general public and also those of you who have commented above, who have all supported us with our return to the exhibition circuit. 

A special thanks must go to Kevin and Brett of Coastal DCC for stepping in at the last minute (Thursday evening) to fill a rather large hole in the trade line up and also to John and Steve of the Alsager Railway Association for bringing Bluebell Cutting as a last minute replacement layout alongside Dunkow Road.

I'm pleased to report that visitor numbers surpassed my expectations by some margin and I'm happy (Cheshire cat grin-style happy) that feedback from the visitors was largely positive with some constructive for us to take on board for next time (Yes, we want to do it again!) - hearing these comments from people around and leaving the exhibition, alongside reading them above and on here and on other fora, is worth its weight in gold! - The double doors at the club may well have to be opened on Friday so I can get my head through!  Of course, I was merely the "organiser" and it was the Ivanhoe team and the exhibitors/traders who made the show the success that it was.

On another note, we had a laugh whilst counting up the votes for the "Favourite Layout" award, whilst it's nice to read, "All of them" is not very useful when trying to pick one! 

IMG_20190417_191908.jpg.a070f0fe8d5100f2bb0e09b6c259af23.jpg

As was announced at the exhibition at 15:00 hours on Sunday, voted as the public's favourite layout was David and Josie Bailey's "Karolina Falls" with its real waterfall! - Congratulations go to both David and Josie -Another slice of Rail (as seen earlier on in the thread) will be sent to you in the post (Eek!) to commemorate the event.  Well done again.

As alluded to before, the continuation of this event rests almost solely with the Parish Council who we will be in talks with in the not too distant future, we certainly want to do it again!

Again, my thanks to all and happy modelling.

Cheers, Andy.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Good morning all, 

As mentioned at the end of my previous post (above), the future of the Ivanhoe exhibition was effectively in the hands of the Mountsorrel parish council and the venue management.  Unfortunately, but as we sort of expected, the event will now not be taking place at the Mountsorrel Memorial Centre.  This is a real shame, as the venue, whilst not completely suited to this type of event, was modern, light and airy, providing a great atmosphere for everyone to enjoy our hobby in, which, given the feedback we received over the course of the weekend, the majority of you all did.

Given the circumstances, the society has taken the decision to take a sabbatical (hopefully it won't be a 25 year sabbatical like the last time) and look for an alternative venue for 2021 - This will put us on a par with Tonbridge West Yard for exhibition comebacks.

Once again, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came to see us in April, whether general public, exhibitors or traders.  We hope to do it all again soon.

In the meantime, you can still come and see us in Rothley near Loughborough, twice a year, at our Diecast, Toy and Train Fairs.  Our next fair being on Sunday the 17th of November, 2019.

Ta ta for now,

Andy

On behalf of the Ivanhoe MRS.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

The GCR stand will be at the Leicester MRG show this weekend, Sat 17- 1030-1700, Sun 18 Aug 1300-1600

st Margarets Church Leicester LE1 3EB, free admission, it's their 70th anniversary, hope the weathers nice!

Look forward to the Mountsorrel show in 2021

Dava