Cadoxton Quay

RusselBridge2017

• RMweb Gold

Cadoxton, named for St Cadoc who was a dark age saint from South Wales, does not have to be directly associated with the Barry area of course, as there is another Cadoxton near Neath, and much closer to Port Talbot.  The backscene cannot possibly be Port Talbot of course as the sun is shining and you can see the sky.

4 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

It's for loading/unloading steel under cover. There's a similar facility at Birdport, on the East Usk branch; though the loading facility is not directly served by rail, there is a covered rail-served warehouse. Rather than build a new siding, the building is built astride the running line to Fifoots/Uskmouth. Quite what would happen if the power station was revived, or another user set up on site is an interesting prospect.

Birdport is interesting, a converted dry dock directly off the Usk with a gantry crane for unloading the ships.  It would make a very good model for something based on the current era East Usk Branch.

2 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Loving those EWS scrap wagons. Although you have been away from modelling the UK modern image scene for a while, you certainly have not lost your touch. Look forward to what you turn your hand to next.

Thank you........ you have to say that as it was your fault I returned from Darkside....

• Like 1

>>please can anyone tell me who does 4mm wagon data panels for SSA, RailTec seem to do 2mm and 7mm?

Steve

I don't think anyone does these in 4mm AFAIK... and the only maroon SSA's I've seen are resprays of the Bachmann model.

what happened to the Sheerness wagons you had? Or were they from HM?

Which specific 7mm pack number(s) are you looking at? I seem to recall seeing a couple of emails about scrap wagons the past few days but GBRf, Freightliner and Maritime bits have been getting in the way (they're now all done). As has revisiting the sub sectors which has also been successful so those should start re-appearing soon. If anyone knows of a cloning machine then drop me a line.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 05/04/2019 at 16:56, railtec-models said:

Which specific 7mm pack number(s) are you looking at? I seem to recall seeing a couple of emails about scrap wagons the past few days but GBRf, Freightliner and Maritime bits have been getting in the way (they're now all done). As has revisiting the sub sectors which has also been successful so those should start re-appearing soon. If anyone knows of a cloning machine then drop me a line.

Pack 8056 please but in 4mm, would need 3 packs, there is no rush the wagons are still work in progress. Thank for your help, Fat Controller...

IMG_1325.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bwrdd Rhaglennu, my programming board is progressing scenically.

However can anyone offer advice regarding cleaning the track after scenic application, I am having trouble running a sound loco as it keeps cutting out I assume my track is still dirty after using a track rubber. How do I make the track clean enough for DCC operation?

P1010054.JPG

• Like 1

I use a piece of wood first to scrape it clean, then the Track rubber and IPA if required.

Looks a good project, just going back to one of Marc's post earlier, I used the Gaugemaster N Gauge backscene over my Fuelling Point on my ''OO'' Deesdale Road, I gave it a light waft over with some white primer and then painted some Trees on it to throw it even further back into the distance. 

DSCF1013.jpg.4f026b02e6703bd8862a84568c393b38.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Some wagon work also, Gunnell conversions from the good old Hornby PGA.

Also scratch building a JNA scrap wagon, maybe 30 hours of plasticard and liquid poly, the latter certainly lifts ones spirits in the "unprecedented time" Sorry the underframe and brake gear is a little freelance......LOL

P1020199.JPG

JNA.jpg

JNAc.jpg

• Like 6