BRM January Digital Edition - Special Effects

Ruth1971

Hi

I've bought this magazine for years now by getting it through my local model shop and until relatively have not had a problem. However getting an issue with the DVD is becoming increasingly difficult. It seems that if I go to the local supermarket I can get one which hopefully attracts new readers but if I stay with my model shop and am a regular buyer then I can't. It doesn't seem to make senses that there are two different packing lines to do this.

Anyway in the magazine there is a page where I can send for the DVD so I tried it and it didn't work! Where next?

• RMweb Gold

This month's is a great issue. Reevy Road West is a great layout enhanced by the excellent photography. The derelict barn feature is also really good and inspiring. Like the new style layout plans with people.

The other thing that adds to it is different adverts this month. Given the quantity of ads in all mags, seeing the same basic stuff every month feels like a bit of a waste (I know it pays the bills!). I'd highlight the TMC Xmas discount spread and Fox Transfers. New, interesting adverts adds value to the mag for me. Still toying with buying one of TMC's locos. A challenge to advertisers, keep it interesting with a bit of imagination and flair each month!

As above the weblink on p,113 for "Where's my DVD" doesn't work :(  will email Howard.

Hi

I've bought this magazine for years now by getting it through my local model shop and until relatively have not had a problem. However getting an issue with the DVD is becoming increasingly difficult. It seems that if I go to the local supermarket I can get one which hopefully attracts new readers but if I stay with my model shop and am a regular buyer then I can't. It doesn't seem to make senses that there are two different packing lines to do this.

Anyway in the magazine there is a page where I can send for the DVD so I tried it and it didn't work! Where next?

Didn't work for me either mate, nor did last months :(

Edit : I'll email howard :)

Edited by meatloaf

• RMweb Premium

The link took me to bitly.com which states the web address given is a ‘short branded’ one, whatever that means. Short term lease of the address I presume, which has now run out. I appreciate the idea of offering the dvd to those who would like one with paper issues where they are not included by default, but this rather defeats the object, which is obviously not intended.

I got this issue for the combination of the Bawdsey update, the LNER brake van articles, and the Humbrol brushes, thinking it worth while for the £5.49 cover price. In actual fact it was very worthwhile even without the dvd.

Izzy

• RMweb Premium

What's this about brushes - I've got a subscription (much prefer it to the 'toddler') and therefore get the DVD every time. I used to buy the mag on York station but having retired a year ago today I took out a sub to avoid the hassle of driving into town to get a copy.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tony, please email me (howards(at)warnersgroup.co.uk) your address and I'll get one sent out.

Would there be any chance of also sending me a January 2019 DVD, if I send you a PM with my address?

Many thanks,

Huw.

• RMweb Gold

This month newsstand copies have a set of brushes as an extra.

My brushes and I - and Ashcombe - are currrently sitting in a cabin on a cruise ship in rather cold Bremen. I think this edition has more punch, plenty of varied content, and maybe more ads, which are always welcome. Ruth can be pleased!

• Like 3

Have you put your brushes to good use yet? Plenty of time this Christmas period to make a start on something...

Let's see what you painted with them below...

Howard

Mine have come in very useful helping to paint over some of the slightly dodgy initial rebuilding on my latest crazy project: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140194-miniaturepark-railway-coach/

• Like 1

Must admit I succumbed today to a "Mag in a Bag" as the brushes are a decent 'free gift' to get - useful to anyone and not scale/gauge specific. :good: A grounded BR van in 4mm scale, for example, is of little use on my American O Scale layout :nono: (Just to put it on record that I remember the kit, but not which magazine it was attached to, despite being quite recently!)

I will have to email Warners now for my DVD; glad I read this Thread first to see if the problem with the given address was mentioned, rather than start another one to moan about it..!!  :rolleyes: :mosking:

A grounded BR van in 4mm scale, for example, is of little use on my American O Scale layout

I’m not so sure - you could use it for forced perspective, and didn’t the van body from Churchill’s funeral train end up being used for storage on a US golf course at one point? (I’m not just making up the most outrageous and slightly stereotypical thing I can think of - there was actually a letter written to Railway Magazine or similar at the time but I can’t remember the details :) )