RMWEB Tour of Didcot & Fawley 25th & 26th May 2019

Castle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I hope you run this again next year Castle as I am attending RailEx Aylesbury on the same Saturday (somewhat topically to 81E to collect bits to improve my old Hornby Saint).

Have a good one,

Tony

Hi Castle

I have realised that your weekend clashes with the Purbeck Art Weeks down here in Dorset and I am afraid due to Mrs Hardwick's involvement with this event I will have to give up my place on the Didcot tour weekend.

Perhaps another year! :(

• RMweb Premium

Not sure about hotels half way between the two, but there are reasonable hotels at the A34 Milton Interchange which is only 2 or 3 miles from Didcot.  Henley will have hotels, but likely to be pricier…

How many people will be travelling from "afar" for this - as a Didcot resident who will be attending the first day on foot, but then driving to the second day, I'm likely to have  a few car spaces for anyone who needs to travel from Didcot for "day two", and be dropped off back at Didcot afterwards...

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 24/04/2019 at 21:00, County of Yorkshire said:

This thread has gone a bit quiet, so just to ask the question - are we still good to go with the two-day GWR & McAlpine experience, Castle? I need to know as i'm about to book some accommodation!

Anyone?