The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread, so, what have I been listening to today?

Well I've been practicing on my Bass, in readiness for getting back on the Road with my Old Band down south.

So, I've had the Mighty Quo with 12 Gold Bars on, and then Joe Bonamassa from his Album, Blues of Desperation.

Then as something totally different, Hugh Laurie, Yes the same one from Black Adder etc, from his Album Let them Talk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 96701 said:

John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett - Louisa On A Horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4yqUY_kUyY

For me his film "Rock and Rolls greatest failure" is my favourite  R and R doco, (alongside 'The Story Of Anvil')

Really ike his version of House of The Rising Sun.

Been listenning to the new Abdoujapaov EP, has  a  song about the current situation that isn't a play on  My Sharonna fo a change.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a great chuckle watching a hillbilly duo "The Moron Brothers".

I sometimes just leave youtube to find stuff for me and every once in a while, it comes up with a gem.

The joke about knowing the capitals of the US states is worth the watch alone. They can play and sing a bit too.

Here's a random one. Yesterday I had an ear worm. The lyric "Till the night closes in" popped into my head for some reason. Maybe triggered by the impending clock change or maybe just a subconscious desire to be transported back to an earlier, less complicated time. Late summer 1978 and the only things on my mind were starting secondary school and our impending move to Lancashire.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently watching Sophie Ellis-Bextor's fourth Family Kitchen Disco. Songs performed are:

• Take Me Home with some new lyrics
  • If You Go
  • Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
  • A cover of New Order's True Faith
  • Bittersweet
  • Murder On The Dancefloor

• RMweb Premium

I am into country music, both the older traditional country and the modern country which I normally refer to as "Nashville Sound". 

My current favourites include Sarah Darling, Lainey Wilson, Jessica Lynn and Deanna Wheeler. They are all available on Spotify (and other similar sites) to listen to and on YouTube to watch. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Since his sad death as a result of the Corona Virus, I have been discovering John Prine. I knew a couple of his songs before but finding him doing lots of live sets on Youtube was a joy. That led me to a couple of others, Steve Goodman, who was brilliant but died way too young (he wrote the best railroad song ever - Riding on the City of New Orleans) and Todd Snider, who isn't the greatest singer or guitarist or songwriter but his storytelling is second to none. He calls his style of music "Stoner folk" which gives an idea of the tone and style. He does most performances while well spaced out or it is a brilliant act!

Edited by t-b-g

Another week, another Kitchen Disco from Sophie Ellis-Bextor. This week it features:

• China Heart
  • Take Me Home/Stay At Home
  • Mixed Up World
  • Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
  • A cover of Madonna's Like A Prayer
  • Murder On The Dancefloor