The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Gold

Nursery Cryme was the second album that I bought, got it in 1971 when it came out because I was taken with the album artwork. Then went to see Steve Hackett in Bristol 2014. Still love the album.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, 96701 said:

Nursery Cryme was the second album that I bought, got it in 1971 when it came out because I was taken with the album artwork. Then went to see Steve Hackett in Bristol 2014. Still love the album.

15 hours ago, 96701 said:

It's a favorite of mine too, relatively short and with a lot of different styles on it. A mate did me a tape of it in 1982 but I only got it on vinyl a year or two ago, complete with the pink Charisma label. I like all the tracks on it, even the jokier ones like Harold the Barrel.  Surprisingly heavy and rocky in places, too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One of my Exhibition buddies gave me these:

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps":  Volume 1 

image.png.35afbffaeb0e504c79abc35311d8d2cf.png

Volume 2  

image.png.b308753adb0a6ad33c7febac5c717733.png

Volume 3

image.png.1e33ef70741c1e55c3a2034c9b239080.png

Check the links for track listing.  3 double-cds of classic blues/rock compilation.  Fabulous stuff!

They were a gift for listening to in the car on long journeys to Exhibitions, I guess he was fed-up with my choice of music!

Recommended!

Dave.

image.png

The final Sophie Ellis-Bextor Kitchen Disco, which features:

• Come With Us
  • Take Me Home
  • Today The Sun's On Us
  • Walking On Broken Glass
  • Get Over You
  • Lady
  • Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
  • Sing It Back
  • Murder On The Dancefloor
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just been listening to Keith Emerson hammering out H0nky Tonk Train Blues.

(See https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/155190-songs-with-a-railway-theme/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-3992507 )

Most invigorating!

On 27/05/2020 at 22:52, 96701 said:

Steve Hackett is still touring (except just now of course !), keeping the Genesis flame well and truly alight. Saw him in Edinburgh last November, on his Selling England/Spectral Mornings tour; I never expected to see the Battle of Epping Forest live, among others, what a treat ! It didn't hurt that his bassist was Jonas Reingold, of Flower Kings and Karmakanic fame, either.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 27/05/2020 at 19:09, steve1 said:

The best rocking rodents of all time. Saw them more times than can I remember and every time was a belter. Much missed.

steve

IMG_1888.JPG

My brother in law took me to Leeds to see the Mad, Bad and Dangerous line up. The Hamsters, The Blockheads, Wilko and John Otway. What a night! 

• Like 2