Fensterbach on the Mittenwaldbahn

Smallwonder

• RMweb Gold

The real Oberstdorf was described in some detail back in 1982 in issue 3 of Euromodel Rail Review. At that time at least, the station shunter was a class 333 kleinlok—it has been offered in the past in N gauge by Arnold. Also, there were no ÖBB trains there at that time.

The real Oberstdorf was described in some detail back in 1982 in issue 3 of Euromodel Rail Review. At that time at least, the station shunter was a class 333 kleinlok—it has been offered in the past in N gauge by Arnold. Also, there were no ÖBB trains there at that time.

Thanks Nimbus. It's more inspired by the real place rather than intended to be in any way accurate. Hence the bad.

One of the reasons I chose to model overseas was that I can be blissfully ignorant of all my inaccuracies.

Progress likely to be slow until Christmas hols.

Thanks for the tip about the article.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work has focussed on Fensterbach.

I forgot how slow this can be when you're trying to make it look right. And then there's the issue of redoing parts to accomodate requests from youngsters. The goods shed (which looked over-scale anyway) has had to make way to allow space for the end of a ski run (yet to be started).

post-30648-0-18646100-1546802509_thumb.jpg

post-30648-0-30637500-1546802538_thumb.jpg

post-30648-0-02578900-1546802583_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I've found myself living in Germany for now, so I will be following this one with interest. You've picked a nice area to model.

I'm guessing n gauge?

All the best

Dave

Yes N gauge. One day I'd like to have something like the space you have and reflect the ECML near Edinburgh in the late 80s: HSTs, 37s and 47s on Speedlinks and 26s on MGRs.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah I am very lucky to have some good space in the cellar that's not being used for anything else.

You look like you are making great use of the space you have there though. Have I understood the pictures correctly that the layout is going to be L shaped and run along one wall and under the window running on the window sill?

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:05, D9020 Nimbus said:

To grab up a comment of Nimbus further up - the railway systems in Germany and Austria are fully compatible. Both (on the non hi speed lines) use the INDUSI system for signalling and also the voltage and frequency of the OHL supply and the profile are the same. So theoretically it could be that an Austrian loco goes up to Oberstdorf. But as the line to Oberstdorf is a branch line it can be excluded. On the German mainlines you will frequently find Austrian trains.

Vecchio - made in Austria :-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Smallwonder changed the title to Fensterbach on the Mittenwaldbahn

Work stalled for a while until I realised I wanted to see the trains more.  I also quite unexpectedly stumbled upon a prototype.

I abandoned the terminus, did some engineering works with the TV tunnel and changed the lift out section to a repositioned flap. 

Much to be done, but far better for watching the trains go by.

• Like 4