Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

URGENT help required

• RMweb Gold

The locomotive has no bunker for fuel, are we to suppose that the fireman is to burn the presents int he first truck to raise steam ?!?!

The locomotive has no bunker for fuel, are we to suppose that the fireman is to burn the presents int he first truck to raise steam ?!?!

I would question the necessity to raise steam, as there are apparently no cylinders or motion to transfer tractive power to the driving wheels; indeed, it is not clear which are the driving wheels!

But the lack of a bunker is not a major issue as enough coal can be stowed in that large cab for most duties.  Presumably the water is carried in a well tank.  

Such locomotives and rolling stock have for more than a century and a half performed unsung but nonetheless heroic duties in playrooms, nurseries, and creches all over the world; I will not hear a word against them!

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Such locomotives and rolling stock have for more than a century and a half performed unsung but nonetheless heroic duties in playrooms, nurseries, and creches all over the world; I will not hear a word against them!

Ooh! Attitude!

They felt that provision for coal would be unnecessary weight, given that they also provided no means for the crew to get into the cab.

• RMweb Gold

Hang on - isnt this the stock thats booked for that special working thats always on Realtime trains for 24th December?

5Z00 isnt it? North Pole depot depart 23.59, calling all stations 00.00, returns to North Pole depot 00.01 

Phil

• Like 6