I’m looking for the dimensions of the mechanism of the current loco drive Hornby 4F. I plan to use it and it’s tender for a project I have lined up, but don’t know if it will fit, and don’t want to risk getting it and getting stuck with it because it won’t fit under the body.

And yes, I have considered the Bachmann 4F or 3F, they’re much more expensive and I need a Fowler tender, and the Bachmann 4Fs with Fowler tenders are even more expensive.

Any reason you're asking the same question in two separate threads? You already got an answer in the first one. People might get a little irritated if you continue...

By adding in the mechanism and dimensions bit into the title and tags, being unable to change either in the original thread. And I still need the measurements for the mechanism so I can make sure it’ll fit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hornby 4F Chassis Dimensions.

I have managed to find the Airfix 4F that I fitted a Hornby 4F chassis to some time back at present I do not have access to any of my modelling tools but I found a tape measure. 

The measurements are as follows:-

Hight from bottom of the wheels to the top of the motor 45mm.

Length of motor and gearbox 52mm.

The chassis is 101mm long.

The tender is permanently attached to the chassis with the DCC decoder plug in the tender being a railroad model there is no plug between loco and tender when the models were split to their major component's the wires to the tender were cut through.

I took some pictures while I was getting the measurements they are here.

https://app.box.com/s/0jb7rbezu46ff1kij851lfg12n3wg6zc

If there are any other measurements that you need let me know before the engine is returned to storage.