Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Done some work on the cattle dock. Cut some of the foamboard so the kit built cattle dock is inset into the platform and not sitting several mm above it creating a step.

Some of the new Salt and Lime wagons can be seen behind it.

Cheers, Ade.

Cattle_dock_inset.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hello Ade, lf you go to any hardware shop / store you can buy some 12mm x 12mm lengths of softwood normally 2 meter's or so long, you can then cut them to fit the corners of your buildings, as they will give you a stronger joint, l use super-glue to fix them ? also will prevent any warping...

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Spent this afternoon playing with the airbrush and I have weathered my fleet of wagons. Taken the baseboard one outside and done a few pics.

The 64xx heads up an empty coal train.

20190407_162054.jpg

20190407_162106.jpg

20190407_162117.jpg

20190407_162141.jpg

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
spelling
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not much modeling has been done of late, but I started clearing the garden to make way for the log cabin at the weekend which involved taking down a Pear tree. 

Off to the West Somerset Railway for Easter as it is a line I have not visited before. 

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Lez and I had a great Easter break and the WSR was a real treat. We found a site just 15 mins walk from the station. I will resize all the pics and do a thread in the preservation forum. Here is one as a taster.

On the layout front, the Sig-naTrak box arrived on Thursday. 

Lez kindly bought me an Ixion Fowler GWR Diesel for an Easter present and this arrived yesterday.

George T of this parish also gave me a lesson in the dark art of soldering this afternoon after we got back from Leigh O Gauge show. So I now feel much more confident about buying a brass kit to make a 16ton GWR Toad brake van.

Cheers, Ade.

20190420_152746.jpg

• Like 9

Hello Ade, lt was a great day out yesterday at the Leigh show, and l was glad to have bagged a bargain or two, glad to hear the fear of soldering is on its way out, and you really can't go wrong with one of big jim's toad kit's, looking forward to see what happen's next ?...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not made a posts re the layout progress in a while. 

Went down to Devon to the Dartmouth line for May day Bank holiday in the motor home. Had a great time. Did the trip down the line then the boat down the Dart.

Andy and I went to Derby Roundhouse show the other week and I picked up a couple more Dapol wagons, one 5 plank private owner and a Lime van. Got these weathered up. Started making some removable coal loads for the wagons too.

Awaiting the builder to come and do the concrete base for the log cabin now, so once that is down, I can order the cabin which takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

Now got 4 sound chips and speakers purchased, so the 3 Pannier tanks and the Jinty will be going DCC. 

Off to Llangollen Railway for the coming Bank holiday weekend in the motor home, so very much looking forwards to that, as again somewhere I have not been to before. 

Cheers, Ade.

20190503_122021.jpg

20190504_110723.jpg

• Like 5

Stunning pics there Ade, good to see you this evening and thanks for coming around.

If you need a hand with the Sound chips, give me a call.

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Thanks 1