Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

The armoured electricity cable to the cabin is now going down the garden. The sparky reckons a couple of hours work in the morning should see him done. So then the house will be finished and the basic power supply installed into the cabin. 

I have not finalised where I am having the plug sockets and lighting yet, that will be installed later once the cabin is completed.

Plus here are a few pics of Saturday's buys.

Cheers, Ade.

Star Salt Van 1.jpg

Star Salt Van 2.jpg

B Set in wartime Chocolate Brown 1.jpg

B Set in wartime Chocolate Brown 2.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Plus here are a few pics of Saturday's buys.

Cheers, Ade.

A man after my own heart as I love that all brown livery on GWR coaches. You chose well Adrian.:imsohappy:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Back home from Egypt to all this lousy rain...so no progress can be made on the cabin until we get a dry day or two in order to fit the roof insulation .

But on the modelling front, I have given the Toad brake van a couple of coats of gloss varnish today in readiness to apply the Railtec decals.

Also found time to pop in to see Andy today and have a chinwag.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Back home from Egypt to all this lousy rain...so no progress can be made on the cabin until we get a dry day or two in order to fit the roof insulation .

But on the modelling front, I have given the Toad brake van a couple of coats of gloss varnish today in readiness to apply the Railtec decals.

Also found time to pop in to see Andy today and have a chinwag.

Cheers, Ade.

He He bet Andy did most of the Chinwagging :jester: hope you cheered him up :keeporder:

• Funny 4

9 hours ago, gismorail said:

He He bet Andy did most of the Chinwagging :jester: hope you cheered him up :keeporder:

CHEEKY:man_in_love_mini:

And yes Ade brought me a very nice book on Class 33's which I've had a quick glance through, and it looks superb, so thanks again for that Ade.:good:

• Like 2

Welcome home Ade.

Are you all ship-shape and watertight with your cabin as with all this rain about you will need it.

That guards van looks superb, I don't think I've ever seen one with such neat grab rails.  It is a very neatly built & painted model.

Best

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Barnaby, thanks as always for the comments.

The Toad has now been given a spay coat of Matt enamel varnish. Very cuffed with how well the decals look.

The cabin built has progressed a bit further over the weekend. The floorboards are now all down in the rear of the cabin and all the floor insulation is now in place. Just need a good dry day to get the roof insulation in place. This is chipboard bonded with the foam insulation so it has got to be a dry day when it goes on, cannot get it wet. 

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy. It has been frustrating at times what with all this lousy weather, but we are getting there now.

Still lots to do of course, finish the last bit of roof, put all the roof shingles on, plus barge boards, guttering, various trims, painting inside and out, never mind finalise the plan for the electrics and lighting...

One of the next things layout wise will be to organise the baseboard legs. Been looking at some laser cut ones from Whiterose. 

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Thanks Andy. It has been frustrating at times what with all this lousy weather, but we are getting there now.

Still lots to do of course, finish the last bit of roof, put all the roof shingles on, plus barge boards, guttering, various trims, painting inside and out, never mind finalise the plan for the electrics and lighting...

One of the next things layout wise will be to organise the baseboard legs. Been looking at some laser cut ones from Whiterose. 

Cheers, Ade.

It will all be worth it when it’s finished 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

One of my favourite branch line termini Adrian and nice to see it modelled. Are you aware that a corrugated hut and a small wooden office from the station are in use at Blunsdon station on the Swindon - Cricklade railway? (Apologies if that's already been mentioned but simply didn't have time to read the whole thread). Can send pictures if you like.

Best wishes,

Bob.

Edited by 4109
Typo
  • Friendly/supportive 1