Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dan, thank you.

Happy New Year to all!

Had a day off yesterday to take Lez out shopping.

But today I have made more progress with the painting.  Just half the right hand wall now to get painted, then the first coat will be complete on the walls. I fitted the fascia board to the front today as well. The doors and windows will be painted chocolate and cream.

I have yet to buy the guttering and butts.

Back to work tomorrow for a rest :D

Cheers, Ade.

Log Cabin build 24.jpg

Log_Cabin_build_23.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

The last wall, doors and two windows painted today. In addition I have given a second coat of paint to the exposed end of the grain of the logs. These have now had four coats, so they should fair up well to the weather.

The chocolate brown paint is now is stock, so ordering this. Just doing the door frame, door panels and window frames on the exterior in this to give a contrast.

Blinds have been purchased from IKEA for both doors and windows. Hoping to get these up tomorrow.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ade,

That’s a real nice building you’ve made there, it seems perfectly suited to the layout. Does the layout take up most of the length then?

Zach

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Zach, thanks.

Yes the baseboards will run the full 26 feet of the length of the cabin. I have the last board to construct. There is 18 foot of boards shown in the photo.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Pretty soon, if any one were to visit Ade and he doesn't immediately come to the front door, they'll have to check the GWR house in the back! 

Ade it looks awesome! Love the shades, and the structure simply looks awesome. At first glance this look like a modern day erector set for home builders! Quick and easy I only say that because your pictures make it appear that way, but I don't want to discount any work as I'm sure many many hours were spent getting thus far! My crystal ball tell me that in the very near future the electrical work will be coming.

Keep up the good work

Dan T.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Last delivery of the Osmo paint arrived today. So the chocolate brown can do done at the weekend if it is fine, hopefully Sunday looks like being the best day. Raining here now...

Been thinking ahead to the summer and the garden line (Running before I can walk you might add.. :D) I am thinking of adding a model of Great Summerford Halt which was the next station down the line from Malmesbury. Just a single platform affair with a siding in the 1920's. By 1933 the station had gone. The model would be portable and simply placed on the decking.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Yet more cabin painting.

Done the doors and door frame and one external window frame in the chocolate coloured paint today. I now intend to do the barge boards and fascias in this as I like the contrast.

I have also done four of the five window frames on the inside.

Cheers, Ade.

Log Cabin build 28.jpg

Log cabin build 29.jpg

• Like 19