Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

A big day. Ran my first loco!

Joined up the three base boards. Just had a put a bit of cork under one leg to get it all level. 

Also started to lay more track.

Only ran on DC up and down about 9 foot of track but it has been a momentous day!

Cheers, Ade,

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, back home from the show. Met up with George and Ian. No breakfasts available :o

But it is one of my favourite shows being exclusively O gauge.

I came home with a cut price Dapol Sentinel at £120. So very pleased with that. As I mentioned many pages back now, I intend to respray it to represent the loco which ran on trial on the Malmesbury line in late 1927.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
missing word
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, back home from the show. Met up with George and Ian. No breakfasts available :o

But it is one of my favourite shows being exclusively O gauge.

I came home with a cut price Dapol Sentinel at £120. So very pleased with that. As I mentioned many pages back now, I intend to respray it to represent the loco which ran on trial the Malmesbury line in late 1927.

Cheers, Ade.

No breakfasts available! That’s just wrong on so many levels :lol:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike, it was an "NQP". The guard irons had come off and been glued back on. You cannot see it. And certainly not once weathered.

They had a few in different liveries and all sold very quickly first thing this morning.

Bought some GWR green paint at the show in readiness for the respray.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done with the Sentinel, I met up with a couple of guys from my old club and one of them was in the market for a Sentinel but they had all gone by the time he got to the stand.

Look forward to seeing the layout come on, it must be great to be progressing it after all the hard work on the building.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ade, Nice to have a nice long chat about your plans for the future on Malmesbury, couldn't believe there was no breakfast especially after getting there early to get one, as Andy says a good show starts with a good breakfast ...

• Like 4

Ade,

Soon there'd be revenue service running on the Malmesbury branch again! Love to see those progress pictures, please keep those pictures rolling!  How do you like the Dapol Senteinel? Have you had the chance to test run it on the branch?

Dan T.

Edited by Dan Taddeo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Dan, yes I have ran it up and down, it runs nice and slow even on DC.

I currently have it in front of me, in bits, in preparation for the respray.

Cheers, Ade.

You dropped it? haha.:o:fie:.

Seriously glad she's a good runner, and I'm looking forward to some BEFORE and AFTER pics please.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, I have been making some progress.

The buffer beams have now had two coats of red paint, real coal load fitted and the boards on top of the water tank have been weathered. Just need to pick up some Maskol before I can spray the body.

On the layout, I have now fitted the two sets of points leading to the goods shed and loading bay. So I am now on board no 3.

Nothing will be done this weekend as I am working both days at a big militaria show.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Today's update. Here is the loading bay which I laid the other day.

The big news is all the track is now laid! The cork underlay has also been trimmed to size. I have spent the whole day on the layout. I will be adding some more pics tomorrow.

Tested the track and all runs smooth, but only DC at present. 

Cheers Ade.

20200208_114329.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Hope everyone has survived the storm ok? 

We have had it bad here. I was on the cabin roof at 8.30am this morning as a few roof titles were starting to flap around. Luckily I had some mastic still in stock.  My next door but one neighbour lost all the ridge titles to his house, which then smashed in next doors car and motorbike.  Thankfully no one was hurt.

This afternoon I have done some more work on the layout and taken some photos to share with some goods stock in place.

This first shot shows all three baseboards now with the track in place. This copies the prototype track layout but was obvious concessions to space and not having handbuilt points. Overall I am pleased with the results.

20200209_155416.jpg

download (9).png

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3