Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Hi Duncan, thanks. Talking of space....

Today after a painting the picture rail in the living room, I went outside to enjoy the sunshine over a cup of tea and then ended up working in the garden all day. 

We have now had a re think on the position of Lez's proposed hot tub ( a pre condition of me having the cabin :lol:) so instead of it being a few metres in front of the cabin we are now changing it's place. In order to take advantage of any late afternoon sun, it is now going on the left side of the garden closer to the conservatory.  So my garden line will now run about 40 feet along the fence line and radius permitting make a right turn to go down the left side of the garden to the hot tub. (To deliver Gin :lol: )  This will involve some kind of lift out section as it will cross the conservatory doors. All a long way off in the future. But nice to plan ahead.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Ade,

It has been a while since I last reviewed this Forum, progress has been impressive. I loved watching the videos of the equipment running on the branchline. They have been cheerful and uplifting to watch in times like this, here in the states things are so gloomy. Worst yet, in my home State (NY) the highest count of COVID-19 cases in the US! I've been in lock down for nearly a month and half.  Local businesses have shut down, food stores at times are low of necessities including food.  I have a little girl of 9 months, that I do not want to risk exposure to this nasty mutated bug. In her short time with us she has been through alot. Born prematurely, heart surgery, and now this bug. Times have been very trying these days.

As things stand in my home state NY there are some 213k cases confirmed, 14k who have unfortunately perished and only 27.5k that have recovered. Those numbers make me depress. BUT on the other hand I can't imagine what many of the other countries are going through in these times, especially Italy, or even refuge in camps so many many families impacted by this nasty bug, my heart aches for them.

I hope that all of you in UK, yourself included Ade, your families all remain safe and healthy!

Thanks for posting and keep up the Good work and inspiration on the Branchline!

Dan T.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

The GWR 4 wheel carriage kits arrived today from Slaters. These will be a long term project. But I will post updates as I go along as usual.

Very interested to see how your build of these goes. I was looking at ordering the Full Brake version just this morning.

I don't think I would be able to do a decent paint job on them, so was looking at the pre-printed sides version.

Your layout is coming along great - watching with interest.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dan, thanks for the kind comments. We will try and do another video with two engines running next.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. One of my Grandsons had a heart problem at birth. Various op's, pacemaker fitted, then aged 3 the big op to turn his back to front heart around. He is fine now and aged 8.

Living in a rural enviroment we are very lucky and I don't know of any Convid19 cases locally.

Stay safe and don't take any chances.

Cheers, Ade.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Once again decorating today, (wallpapering the chimney breast) so modelling time very limited.

I have been working on the body sides tonight. As I mentioned before, the sprues are heavy. The guards ducket window frames are very thin about 1mm thick around the window at one point so extreme care is need taking these off the sprue.

These are now glued in place (before taking the body side off the sprue as recommended).

I have also cleaned up the body ends and compartment panels.

Door vents glued in place and the seats are now made up.

One body side has been freed from the sprue and cleaned up.

Cheers, Ade.

20200417_184026.jpg

20200417_184039.jpg

20200417_184055.jpg

20200417_192934.jpg

20200417_200600.jpg

20200417_200821.jpg

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1