Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

I agree Ade I do hope the Telford show will run even if I have to stand 2mtrs away from the prize layouts on show.

Here's a photo of the track at Bewdley station that I use for colour balancing. 

I have yet to get my heavy handed painting touch light enough, ie dull down the colours.

1303277020_trackspraytest8jpg.jpgBewdley.jpg.e0fca3846a9601bbdf5d2621f6f25c34.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, gismorail said:

. . . . . . still not heard as to where the new venue will be yet ......you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a que 

Stafford Showground - but in the Bingley Hall rather than the other buildings used by the Stafford club. The announcement on the Guild Forum said there was more space there than Telford but at a much reduced cost. The Guild won't release any of the information about that or the losses made at Guildex due to 'commercial confidentiality'. Let us hope that changes to the management structure at the AGM will give more transparency. 

At the moment if the Guild cancels the Telford show they will loose a large amount as two instalments (again unspecified) have already been paid. However if the venue owners cancel then they get a refund. Who knows what Govt and NHS guidance will be at that time and who will give in first.

Interesting times ahead . . . . . . . 

Mike

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Ade, coming on leaps and bounds now, when is the garden line starting ? 

Was it chilly when you took the picture of the Cabin and statue ? :biggrin_mini2:

Hopefully I’ll be in a position to be ordering my Mancave in a month or so, fingers crossed :music_mini2:

Best regards 

Craig 

• Like 4

That's looking very posh Ade with a comfortable area of decking to plan the modelling days running while quaffing a few G&T's, cheers.

Hope you get some dry time to finish the painting before returning to work on Monday.

Best

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the comments.

The statue is a now former water feature. Her name is Sofia. Sadly she developed several leaks last year and is now out of production, so I am going to respray her Bronze and just have her for her looks. Luckily the water pump is working fine so I am going to have this as a small fountain playing water over some stones.

Since going back to work, progress has slowed down, but I did get some more painting done tonight, with the brown paint done on the railings. After a long day with a drive to Kent and back with work, the can of beer was well deserved!

Cheers, Ade.

20200623_205633[1].jpg

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 23/06/2020 at 21:43, Adrian Stevenson said:

Thanks for the comments.

The statue is a now former water feature. Her name is Sofia. Sadly she developed several leaks last year and is now out of production, so I am going to respray her Bronze and just have her for her looks. Luckily the water pump is working fine so I am going to have this as a small fountain playing water over some stones.

Since going back to work, progress has slowed down, but I did get some more painting done tonight, with the brown paint done on the railings. After a long day with a drive to Kent and back with work, the can of beer was well deserved!

Cheers, Ade.

20200623_205633[1].jpg

Is Sofia on the ch**ge ? :D

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

On 16/06/2020 at 08:37, Mike Bellamy said:

Stafford Showground - but in the Bingley Hall rather than the other buildings used by the Stafford club. The announcement on the Guild Forum said there was more space there than Telford but at a much reduced cost. The Guild won't release any of the information about that or the losses made at Guildex due to 'commercial confidentiality'. Let us hope that changes to the management structure at the AGM will give more transparency. 

At the moment if the Guild cancels the Telford show they will loose a large amount as two instalments (again unspecified) have already been paid. However if the venue owners cancel then they get a refund. Who knows what Govt and NHS guidance will be at that time and who will give in first.

Interesting times ahead . . . . . . . 

Mike

Just read that the Telford O Gauge Guild show has now been cancelled.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Some more progress made this weekend.

Started detailing the new sound fitted 58xx with real coal, bucket and lamps and the first coat of black paint done to the ends of the branch set. The this the classic Malmesbury line train and is what I have wanted to achieve since starting the layout. Very impressed with this model and I might buy another with the wartime GWR lettering. Once the new number plates are here and fitted I will lightly weather the loco.

All the rails and buffers are now finished with the rust weathering powders.

A neighbour kindly came around this week with a kind gift of the well known Don Breckon print "Racing the train".

Cheers, Ade.

20200628_133037.jpg

20200628_133124.jpg

20200628_131814.jpg

20200628_131901.jpg

20200628_131739.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

How is the 58xx sound in the end?

All your locos seem to be missing the fireman's side handrail between the cab roof and side - is this a deliberate policy?!

I see the 14xx are getting low already although the 58xx, which is pretty much the same, is readily available.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Gold

The 58xx sound was a bit quiet so I have upped the overall volume a bit. They did not supply a list of CV's. I would still like to alter a few sounds such as the braking.

Yes, the 57xx lost it's handrail somewhere, which is rather annoying, and I have yet order a replacement. But might just make one from brass

I see the loco's are selling well, I was looking out Tower today and saw lots are already out of stock.

Made the basis for the ramp for the cattle dock this afternoon and mocked up the backscene to check if the height was practical.

Cheers, Ade.

20200628_164738.jpg

20200628_173538.jpg

20200628_141247.jpg

20200628_141312.jpg

20200628_141523.jpg

• Like 15