Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

14 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

The 58xx sound was a bit quiet so I have upped the overall volume a bit. They did not supply a list of CV's. I would still like to alter a few sounds such as the braking.

Yes, the 57xx lost it's handrail somewhere, which is rather annoying, and I have yet order a replacement. But might just make one from brass

I see the loco's are selling well, I was looking out Tower today and saw lots are already out of stock.

Made the basis for the ramp for the cattle dock this afternoon and mocked up the backscene to check if the height was practical.

Cheers, Ade.

20200628_164738.jpg

20200628_173538.jpg

20200628_141247.jpg

20200628_141312.jpg

20200628_141523.jpg

Where did you get the Loco / sound project from you really should have been supplied with a list of the CV's it's part of the project surely.... I'd be chasing that one up Ade 

Ade,

I love those coaches! I just happened to be looking on you tube and learned a great deal about "SLIP" coaches. Kind of re-sparked my passion for british railway. How have you been!? Here in the states it's absolutely crazy, and now the second wave is coming in several states. I sense another lock down again...

Keep up with the work I like what I see, btw nice statue sitting outside the shop.

Dan T.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Julian, not managed to do anything on the railway modelling front since my last post back at the end of June.

Been back at work since June 22nd and been very busy getting my sale online but now got a few days off on flexi furlough this week. 

Lez's job is looking very uncertain and that has been real worry now for the past three weeks.

Cheers, Ade.

• Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
On 28/06/2020 at 17:38, Hal Nail said:

.......All your locos seem to be missing the fireman's side handrail between the cab roof and side - is this a deliberate policy?!

I see the 14xx are getting low already although the 58xx, which is pretty much the same, is readily available.

I am uncertain that the  " side handrail between the cab and side" was present when all the 48xx and 58xx were built and believe it was a later addition ?

Edited by rprodgers

24 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

I am uncertain that the  " side handrail between the cab and side" was present when all the 48xx and 58xx were built and believe it was a later addition ?

Agreed. Most pre- and immediately post-war 48xx and 58xx photos show no side handrail. By the early 50s, most seem to have them fitted.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rprodgers said:

Here is a reference in Peto's Register which should help.(see Footsteps)

atb

Phil.

2134578851_Scan1400footsteps(2).jpg.7ace83b708f901f6b1b0b9ff21ea50a4.jpg

Edited by 34006
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

no prizes for guessing the location

Sorry to hear of the woes Adrian, at least you won't get hassled to buy a carpet to a fez down here in sunny Devon.

G

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Ade, really sorry to hear about Lez loosing her job mate, as you say, bad timing for the Kit. Hopefully things will turn around again soon, and she might find something else fairly quickly.

Please pass on my best wishes.

Stay well and safe and have a good break in sunny Devon.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Sad to hear about Lez losing her job,hope something turns up soon.Meanwhile onwards and upwards,eh?

Bests wishes to you both

Phil.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ade as the others have said it's sad that Lez has lost her job hopefully a new opportunity will appear quickly for her.

Best wishes to you both and a large amount of success is just around the corner.

Regards

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for all the kind comments from both of us.

Been down to the beach and walked along the sea wall. The new sea defences will be impressive once completed. 

Some Class 43's still running on the line.

Sunshine and showers everyday so far.

Cheers Ade and Lez.

20200818_132430.jpg

20200818_130218.jpg

20200818_132445.jpg

• Like 12

So sorry to hear of Lez's job loss. There may well be difficult times, though hopefully not for too long, and in any case it's the worrying about what might happen that's the worst bit - what actually does is not usually anything like as bad.  I have no doubt you'll be able to prioritise the important things.

You both have my full sympathy - some 20 years or so ago I was obliged to take early retirement for medical reasons and it took 5 years before my pension was properly sorted out (NHS...), during most of which we had no proper regular income. The up side was that I got to spend much more time with my growing daughters than I would otherwise have been able to. A major blessing.

Wishing you both all the very best - enjoy your holiday and return with renewed optimism and enthusiasm.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Hi Ade, So sorry to hear the news about Lez losing her job, its crap all round at this time, lets hope it will soon be over and we can get back to normal, (hopefully), very nice choice of a holiday break, we spent some time there last year, stay safe buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to echo what everyone else has said reference the job front,  times like this make us all look at our lives and as you are both a very positive pair I'm sure that all will turn out for the best.  As the old saying goes 'one door closes and another opens'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2