Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

11 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Guys, I just wanted to share our good news after everyone here has been so kind and supportive.

Lez finished work officially last week on Nov 3rd. On Friday she had an interview with another local auction house and immediately was offered the job there and then! Full time and she started yesterday.  

Cheers, Ade.

That is brilliant news! Onwards and upwards!

Cheers

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Guys, I just wanted to share our good news after everyone here has been so kind and supportive.

Lez finished work officially last week on Nov 3rd. On Friday she had an interview with another local auction house and immediately was offered the job there and then! Full time and she started yesterday.  

Cheers, Ade.

Glad to hear the news, Ade!! Onwards and upwards!!

Regards

Deano

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

17 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Cheers, Ade.

Sometimes these things work out for the best and you never know what's round the corner. I was told last week my job is going in April 2021 which is about a year sooner than I was planning retirement and 4 years before state pension. However with the package I am going to get and the fact that they are going to have to buy my holiday off,  I think we can get through without too many issues. We are now considering if the wife can retire at the same time or whether she wants to work on. If she stays on another year we will be able to replace the car!

Anyhow great news for you both. Keep up the good work on the layout.

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 10/11/2020 at 17:36, Adrian Stevenson said:

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, the layout is coming on really well, great news about Lez's job, are you going to celebrate by purchasing more kits ? ;)

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Best wishes and good luck with the new job - and your extra modelling time. Don't forget that you'll need to get a new photo for your avatar instead of advertising your soon to be ex-employer. I guess this means that I won't see your happy smiling face in the local paper anymore !

Mike

• Like 2

Great chat yesterday Ade, and some excellent news for both you and Lez.

More modelling time, no one can argue with that, but getting paid by a soon to be Ex Boss at the same time has to be the biggest Bonus of all.

Well done mate, and some great pics by the way. Loving it.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Ade,

I'm always wary of offering criticism, some people don’t like it!  but I do hope it will be helpful.  

The time & effort you’ve put into getting your track to  look the part shows, but I don’t feel (opinion warning!) that the ready-made grass is up to the same standard.  

I know it’s early days, and you might have plans to make it less uniform, so it’s just a thought.

atb

Simon

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1