Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

6 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

:D

It is a single speaker. I drilled five holes in the chassis (which is plastic) under the bunker to help the sound escape. The sound project was from Charlie Petty at DC-DE Kits and Videos. Charlie also supplied the speaker. Very quick service. As ever, no connection, just a satisfied customer.

Cheers, Ade.

Loksound v5 ??

• RMweb Gold

Had a parcel arrive today with some laser cut gates etc for the layout from Poppy’s. While I was ordering those I thought it worthwhile to order a Loco Builder Box in preparation for my class 517 xx build later this year. Just built the box up. Usual disclaimer applies.

Cheers, Ade.

6565438D-8D66-4602-98F2-3A3BF34B0145.jpeg

• Like 11

Yes “Jab Organisation” is very effective.  

Got text around 2pm, had appointment at 4 pm, arrived a few minutes early, was done immediately and am now waiting the prescribed 15 minutes before driving home.

excellent!

atb

Simon

• Like 8

‘‘Tis looking the part now.  Lovers Lane has brought it to life.

Yep jab was very well organised five minutes from leaving car to getting back in, my wife couldn’t believe I’d had it!  Very unusual to have something so well done. Let’s hope we can now start setting dates for an exhibition, seems such a long time now.  In need of a good trade show to finish off some of these kit waiting for the odd bit before the paints applied.

Nice fencing and so much of it!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, Simond said:

Yes “Jab Organisation” is very effective.  

Got text around 2pm, had appointment at 4 pm, arrived a few minutes early, was done immediately and am now waiting the prescribed 15 minutes before driving home.

excellent!

atb

Simon

I wouldn’t wish it to put anyone off, but arm rather sore this morning.  Not painful, just a bit stiff & a dull heavy ache.

forewarned is, as they say, forearmed.

see what I did there?

Simon

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

3 hours ago, David Bell said:

I think you have taken a leaf out of Andy P's book with those sleepers. The take away loading gauge is brilliant.

Cheers

David

Far to neat for me, I could not match Ade neatness etc.:D

Looking great Ade.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/01/2021 at 17:38, Adrian Stevenson said:

I have also weathered 5802. The weathering was done with my usual mix of airbrush and weathering powders. 

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

What did you use on the wheels and chassis to weather in terms of paint please and thank you.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon, the wheels and frames were airbrushed with a thin coat of "Frame Dirt" from Precision Paints. This was sprayed from the sides and then from underneath in a slightly upwards direction to try and mimic how the dirt would fall in reality.

Today I have added the crew and a billy can and oil can in the cab, all from Modelu. Usual disclaimers apply.

The loading gauge has had another coat of white paint and also the black added.

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1