Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

They were from Duncan’s Models. 
Usual disclaimer applies.

The lamps at Malmesbury changed a couple of times during the lifetime of the station. The posts remained the same but the lamp fittings altered. These are similar but not an exact match, but I am happy with a representation of what was once there.

Got the first coat of paint on them last night.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

They were from Duncan’s Models. 

The lamps at Malmesbury changed a couple of times during the lifetime of the station. The posts remained the same but the lamp fittings altered. These are similar but not an exact match, but I am happy with a representation of what was once there.

Got the first coat of paint on them last night.

Cheers, Ade.

Same as I had on Trebudoc, there really nice. I did add a resistor later to dull them down a bit.

1552885207_TrebudocPhotoShoot124.JPG.959fc078dc0b9e51f020fa6e9e0dc1a0.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

That's a real nice job you've done on the Cordon Ade. How have you found the WEP kit? For my part I had no complaints about the WEP Mica X4, it all went together well. I do agree that the buffers and couplings would be a nice upgrade.

-Zach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Zach, very happy with it. It all fits well. It is quite a complex kit in some ways, so it paid to read the instructions a couple of times before making a start. I would certainly buy more of their products. They do a good range of GWR wagons. (Usual disclaimer applies)

I ordered some buffers this afternoon having found Walsall Models do a brass set of Churchward sprung buffers for £10.40.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Thanks guys, still a fair bit to do yet: the pipework, running boards, buffers, steam & vac pipes etc.

I have got a Hold & Fold tool coming tomorrow.

Cheers, Ade. 

Hi Ade the hold & fold tool is one off best tools you can invest in if you do a lot bass kits.

Ian

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 07/04/2021 at 20:03, Adrian Stevenson said:

Thanks guys, still a fair bit to do yet: the pipework, running boards, buffers, steam & vac pipes etc.

I have got a Hold & Fold tool coming tomorrow.

Cheers, Ade. 

Invaluable!! I have the 14" Avonside one that Eileens do, and a cheaper version 8" and 2" which are great for smaller components. (Although the big one is as good for small bits, I find it easier to pick up and work in your hands as opposed to on the bench with larger components; if that makes sense?!) These work just as well despite not quite as well finished as the Avonside one.

Regards, Rob.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob, thanks.

I have gone with the 8 inch one from Avonside. Ian pointed it out to me at the last show we went to and recommended it to me. It arrived on Thursday. Will have a play with it this weekend.

Yesterday the No12 number plates for the Sentinel turned up. So will fit those on later.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy.

This afternoon I got the number plates fitted to the Sentinel and gave it a light weathering with the airbrush,  plus powders and a wash to the bufferbeams. Also added a touch more coal.

Just needs a sound chip and a crew to finish it. 

Cheers, Ade.

1F88A608-9D1D-4473-BE47-1BF7DF05AF37.jpeg

8AEBC3D7-2A85-4C96-BE47-A8B0BEBE059E.jpeg

5E3CF51C-9621-438E-9B27-C4A9D675C65C.jpeg

557936B9-A86B-4051-9CAE-4B390B96F693.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Agree 1