Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Kind gift from a friend of an original LMS rail map. Going to get it framed up for the cabin wall.

Cheers, Ade.

8CEB7F58-38B9-4F13-A9FD-FC786127660A.jpeg

Have you noticed that the map also seems to show Andy.P's route through the south coast ?

• Funny 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas back!

Just out of interest is that photo dated? I thought at first it had no markings so thought perhaps early BR but there is actually a faded (or removed?) buffer beam number still.

Edit: ive found the two photos you posted of this loco before - on my thread! Interesting that in both late GWR period as above and a pristine early BR by which time it had a top feed, you cant see any crests!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Thanks.

No new activity on the layout as we have been away for Christmas and New Year to Egypt.

Cheers, Ade.

About ten years ago we spent Christmas on a Red Sea cruise.

It all seemed a bit strange - Christmas in the Sun and heat - until you remembered how far we were from the site of the first one!

• Like 1

Lovely photograph Ade, however, if you keep going back I think your good lady may have to change her name from Lez to Fez ! 

HNY to you all.

G

• Round of applause 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys, though that I would post an update on what I have been doing this past few weeks. As you know  I use the Sig-naTrak controller for the layout. Well I have never gotten around to programming all the individual locomotives into this. One of Andy’s posts the other week explaining how to do this jogged my memory about doing this. So now each loco is stored on the controller and each F number now says what it does ie Whistle etc. 

Yesterday we had a run out to Malc’s Models in Ilkeston. Didn’t go with anything particular in mind to buy, but since my last visit there he now has a good range of Peco Dundas O gauge kits in stock. Nice to visit an actual shop for a change. So I came home with a GWR horse box. These wagons were a regular feature on the Malmesbury Line and I was pleased to pick one up. Construction started yesterday. I will do a bit more on this today and post some pics up tonight. Also bought some GWR wagon covers to be going on with later.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Solebars and wheels fitted to the body and now leaving it to set. The wheels float in the axle boxes which is a nice touch.

Nice kit. Just a few tiny fiddly bits like the gas lamps to the roof and the bumper stops on the W hangers.

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_7199.JPG

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
Replacing missing photos
  • Like 16

Ade,

Beware the floating axleboxes! They are the exact opposite of compensation.  

It’ll not matter much if your track is good enough, but if you want a solution, fix one axle and put a rocking point in the middle of the other.  A bit of bent brass or even a wire to act as a fulcrum.

if you want more info, just shout up.

atb

Simon

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1