Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Premium

I had something of an epiphany today. I havent really used the garden much other than trimming what's already there as never thought I would be here forever (my house, as opposed to the planet)

Seeing my sumac on its last legs today, I couldnt help but think a huge great sound-proofed bolt hole in its place might be the answer to a lot of things! And as victor hugo proved by dining in the Eiffel tower every day, would't matter if its an eyesore as you cant see it from inside anyway :)

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, gismorail said:

Now this makes sense at last :smoke:........the whole 'lockdown' situation has been a pre-planned operation to get Ade self isolated so that he can spend loads of time in his new shed......:victory:

At least he's not half way up a Chimney, painting a few Gable Ends like someone else I could mention.:nono:

BTW Thanks for your phone call today mate.:o

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Martin, oh no I have been rumbled.... :D 

Hi Guys, I have spend the whole day working on the shed.

All six storm braces are now in place. You can fit them internally or externally. I chose to fit them inside. These tie the gable end timbers to the lower logs via a floating fitting to allow for expansion/contraction.

I have also gone around and painted all the window frames and fascia boards again, so these are now finished.

Added the floating bolts to the top of the window frames and added the makers plates over them. Also started fitting the trim pieces  inside between the roof and walls. All these small finishing jobs take up a surprising amount of time.

Done some measuring up for the station platform. I was hoping to use some of the spare insulation foam from the floor or ceiling. The ceiling foam on the chipboard backing though is too high, so I will be using the floor foam, but this is too shallow and will require some backing, maybe cork, to bring it up to the correct height.

I am making the most of my time, as Lez has got wallpaper and paint coming for the house....

Cheers, Ade.

20200325_102619.jpg

20200325_112015.jpg

• Like 14

Well I have to say the shed looks fantastic well done Sir an excellent result .......defo the poshest railway shed on RM web if not the UK.......as for the CAT ....very spoilt :victory: they do seem to rule the roost don't they :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just to wander a little bit here's a photo of our Barnaby sadly he's gone to the "railway in the sky" after 21 years of ruling the roost.

1382802417_BARNABYcat(768x1024).jpg.fb183f6f0bf23f4f7cadea79cf4daadf.jpg

A real man cat but as gentle as could be.

Best

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

Hi Ade, Must say it all looks a bit grand, very nice my avatar shows my 22year old cat sadly no longer here, but when l had a layout in the loft she used to climb up and down the ladder with ease to see what l was up to..

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Hi Ade, Must say it all looks a bit grand, very nice my avatar shows my 22year old cat sadly no longer here, but when l had a layout in the loft she used to climb up and down the ladder with ease to see what l was up to..

Well George she probably knew you were up to no good ......as usual :jester:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys, thanks for the cat photos. Always been a cat lover.

The cabin is now painted, bar the doors.

But this afternoon I worked on Patch's cabin. Made a new roof from some off cuts of the insulated chipboard and used some spare roof shingles to finish it off. Just needs another coat of brown paint to complete.

Cheers, Ade.

20200327_183208.jpg

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1