Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris, thanks! I have taken my time. But the next two should build quicker.

Hi Simon, that is an option. 

But I intend to spray the body so I should be ok. The seats I will pre paint before these are glued in place. (re the seats: in the instructions it tells you to scratch build these, but they are actually included. Given the kit dates from 1988 these have been included some time since, but the instructions have not been updated. ) The livery will be the simplified 1928-1934 version so no fancy lining. Phew!

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

ADE,

You never cease to amaze us! I loved the Slater Coach kit build, the details are most impressive. Can't wait to see where you go with this awesome build! 

I've been reading up on the Malmesbury Branchline book, the one you recommended moons ago. Is given me a real sense of appreciation for the research into it's writing. Its filled with history and awesome pictures! Maybe one day I'll visit Malmesbury, even tho the railway is long gone. Your recreation of the Branchline here is going to be awesome! (I can feel it in me bones!) Keep up the good work. Quick question, what did you use with the brickwork on the Platforms you have created?  They look really really good!

I wished that I had a boss as kind as yours, I'm still working for the time being. Writing scripts for a Application approval, very tedious work. Every pick and click has to be written and proven to work. Ironically for with a very large pharma company that is locations at the international stage, including a site in Chester.

I am also very happy to hear that your Grandchild is doing great and has responded so well to the ops and treatments provided. Our Sabella Rose, whom I spoke of is doing great as well. We will still need to visit the cardiologist for yearly checkups but otherwise God willing she's doing great.

Keep up the amazement!

Dan T.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks!

Here is where I am at now. Patch the Cat supervises.

Done a test push along the track with the chassis and after a quick bend of a couple of the brakes which were binding, all now runs free. So I can now solder the bearing retaining wires in place.  The chassis are not complete, but I am getting there. Bodies are just placed on for the photo.

The seats are also primed up. What I have found is the seats are rather wide. 

Cheers, Ade.

20200422_165929.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Good morning Ade,

Just catching up with the thread and the coaches are looking rather fine. I too have some similar kits to build and it's very useful to see them going together as detailed. I will check my boxes after hearing of your side issue !

Love the videos to.

G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The coaches are looking good Ade. 

Out of curiosity, what's the length of the composite body please? 

I have one of the Brake Thirds which has been converted to run on a Midland 6-wheel chassis, and am wondering if the same can be done with the composite body. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks as ever for the comments and likes. 

Going to do a bit more on them today.

The compo measures 186mm in length where it meets the underframe.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1