Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ken, you get two reels of fine wire with the kit. The fun part comes this afternoon threading the wire through the pre cut holes. It will be like threading a needle a few hundred times.

Hi Mark, it was dead easy to fit, just drill a 4mm diameter sized hole in the baseboard to a pre-determined depth and drop them in. I have not bothered to glue them in, as they were a nice tight fit. They are spaced 42mm apart to make a scale 6 foot gap.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

52 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Ken, you get two reels of fine wire with the kit. The fun part comes this afternoon threading the wire through the pre cut holes. It will be like threading a needle a few hundred times.

Hi Mark, it was dead easy to fit, just drill a 4mm diameter sized hole in the baseboard to a pre-determined depth and drop them in. I have not bothered to glue them in, as they were a nice tight fit. They are spaced 42mm apart to make a scale 6 foot gap.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, Why not remove the posts and thread the wire on them of scene. Once finished just plant the posts, might be easier than threading in situ.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Cheers, Ade.

I hope the holes are drilled properly through. I have no experience of this fencing but you don't want to start threading and have to take up a couple of posts when you've already done some wires through it. :unsure:

Good luck Ade

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad you got on well with threading the posts.

Coal Staithes looking great. 

I'm teaching my youngest to read these books at the moment, the ones I have are dated from the mid 00's but the insides haven't probably changed! 

Regards Paul 

Edited by Joner
Missing word
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Had a nice surprise when the five telegraph poles arrived today from "Tricky" at Monksgate.

https://www.monksgate.co.uk/

Very please with the quality of them and the quick service, given these are custom made to order and I only ordered them last week. As ever, no connection, just a satisfied customer. 

Here they are installed on the layout. These are made to the correct scale height and I think the height adds a different dimension to the layout (as it stands at the moment without any buildings).

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

Coming along nicely

40 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Had a nice surprise when the five telegraph poles arrived today from "Tricky" at Monksgate.

https://www.monksgate.co.uk/

Very please with the quality of them and the quick service, given these are custom made to order and I only ordered them last week. As ever, no connection, just a satisfied customer. 

Here they are installed on the layout. These are made to the correct scale height and I think the height adds a different dimension to the layout (as it stands at the moment without any buildings).

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

Coming along nicely Ade.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys. I have a laser cut kit of a GWR platelayers hut coming next. It is a perfect match for one which sat near the points in the last photo I posted.

Hi George, thanks. I keep meaning to make some more removable coal loads for the open wagons. I did one for the LMS wagon and that was as far as I got. Very impressed with your latest build btw. I could never do that valve gear!

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Thanks guys. I have a laser cut kit of a GWR platelayers hut coming next. It is a perfect match for one which sat near the points in the last photo I posted.

Hi George, thanks. I keep meaning to make some more removable coal loads for the open wagons. I did one for the LMS wagon and that was as far as I got. Very impressed with your latest build btw. I could never do that valve gear!

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, l must admit l used to shy away from any loco that had valve gear on, sticking to 0-6--0s for an easier life, so l decided to get into it and l am glad l did...

• Like 2