Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

3 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Weathered the new coal wagon last night using my usual method of a spray to the underframe and lower sides with frame dirt, following by a wash and them various weathering powders.

Can now take the sunglasses off.

Cheers, Ade.

3D2A6DE7-8CB4-4B71-AC64-B44307D74A3B.jpeg

What a difference that makes. Looking good Ade.

Cheers

David

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Lord!  You are a fast worker!  Looking great.  I'm quite slow by comparison.

I did get a Sentinel loco this week in LNER livery.  It was 2nd hand from Hatton's and a good price.  It also has sound.  I will repaint and relivery to BR.

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Chris Nerd used air-drying clay for ash ballast, put in place with a screwdriver, and pummelled with a stiff brush to give it a bit of texture, before painting it a beige/grey colour.

OK that was in 4mm scale, but might be worth a try in 7mm scale, too. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Simond said:

I suspect that is a smellchequer-induced typo….

:)

Good spot. 
I shall leave it in place: having met him once, he has a sense of humour.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday I did a bit more on the layout threading the wires onto the fence posts.

I have also made a start on the 517 build. Got the chassis started, cut from the frets and sized to build the 15 foot version.  Got the three spacers folded up using the hold n fold tool. Reamed out the frames so the brass bearings fit nicely. No photos yet.

Today we had a run out to the Foxfield Railway as they were running the Victorian Knotty Carriages. I have done a thread in the preservation forum with pics.

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
number!
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Today we had a run out to the Foxfield Railway as they were running the Victorian Knotty Carriages. I have done a thread in the preservation forum with pics.

I use to be a volunteer there about 20 odd years ago

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Picked up one of the new Dapol GWR Container wagons yesterday as we had another run out to the Battlefield Line with friends who wanted to see the line.

Did a bit more work on the 517 and now have the basic chassis soldered up. I must say I do like working nickel silver it solders up really well.

I will do some pics this week.

Cheers, Ade.

13A6FDF0-8D8A-4D8E-89E9-724C3AA48A10.jpeg

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Just popped the Slaters wheels and axles in place for a photo. Had to clean surface rust off these despite them being in the packaging until last night.

I used the Poppy’s jig to assemble the chassis so I can sleep soundly knowing everything is nice and square.

Cheers, Ade.

BE8749B1-E084-44F6-8C86-5B88F1DA6AC6.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1