Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

My mate Jeff, has just built a Log Cabin down at Stretton, were going down one evening next week so I'm sure he won't mind you coming along.

Edited by Andrew P
re wording a line for clarity
  • Thanks 1

Adrian

Go for a log cabin without doubt, I did the exercise about 5 years ago, I ended up spending about 2k but I ended up with a 3m x 4m,  34mm logged wall cabin with double glazing, tilt and turn windows, the price has gone up a bit over the last 5 years the same today is about 2.7k. I started looking at sheds and the plans grew into the cabin in the end due mainly to value for money, the more you spend the more you got, beyond proportion. I got mine though 'Sheds Direct' ( no connection, other than a satisfied customer), I think it is called 'Shedstore' now, you can find it on the net, look in the log cabin section, I bought the 'Chiltern' due to the space I had, I treat it once a year with 'Creacote light' from Wicks. I am sure there are others.

I don't live far from Malmsbury, the engine shed is still there, now an MOT station, I have some photos somewhere that I took a while back when they were re-opening the pit in the shed, the builders foreman thought it was all a bit odd, but hey.

Regards,  

John.

• Like 2

Here's a little teaser for you Ade, I know yours will be Green but this was my Bachmann Brassworks 03 on St Budoc, Painted by George T of this Parish.

DSCF1007.jpg.bf6bdfd9bab8e3bcc3a98cbabfa6ce54.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg.5ff3df95c8a807e9853113594f48b145.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
misse worda
  • Like 9

I’ve a couple of Peco/Webster ones, no complaints.  I believe Parkside also did one, so that’s probably available through Peco too, and that too will be perfectly fine.  I have a brass one waiting for the mood to take me...

Sorry I can’t offer more specific guidance

best

Simon

Edited by Simond
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ade there are some nice brass kits from big Jim at Connoisseur models not that hard to put together, here's one l build a while back, have a good time at Kettering l am sure you find something to spend your money on Hahaha...

Workbench (26).JPG

Workbench (27).JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Finally got the first half of the cattle dock built up. These were built from old Broad gauge rails. As I mentioned in another post, it is a bit of a fiddly kit, as you have to cut each rail to length to start with. The worst aspect is making the upright posts. You have to file the top of the rail down to form a 2mm long foot which you then glue to the resin base. Not the strongest system and there can be no temptation to fit the side rails until these have set firm!

Once I have got the other one built and joined to this one, I need to make a brick base (with wooden steps) for them to sit on.

Originally these were painted white, but later the regulations changed and they were simply sprayed down after use with disinfectant.

7mm_Cattle_Dock.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Spent yesterday at Kettering show. Added some pics of the latest Dapol O gauge developments in the products forum.

Got the cattle dock painted with a first coat of paint to the base, but the rails are now done. The lamp hut has got a first coat too with some Railmatch paints I picked up yesterday.

20190303_094523.jpg

20190303_094530.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Yesterdays stock purchases along with some nice buckets from Chris & Chris at Minerva. I had some gun metal powders in stock and this has worked well on the bucket. The fire iron needs some rust I think.

The Cannock Chase wagon was a must, as my good lady hails from there.

20190303_164635.jpg

20190303_164820.jpg

• Like 8