Ladmanlow Sidings and other C&HPR locations

Alister_G

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, sb67 said:

The house looks superb Al. Well done on the BRM article, I really enjoyed reading it.  The photo's are stunning and really do your modelling justice, it looks like you've got the atmosphere of the prototype spot on. Real modelling excellence there, great stuff! :)

Thanks Steve, I'm fairly happy with the house, as usual I can't unsee the bits I wish I had done better, but it's not far off.

Al.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Just picked up this months BRM and loving the blown up in print photos Al. You’ve really captured the atmosphere of the C&HPR there; really inspirational stuff! I hope I can bring Middleton Top up to this sort of standard. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Just picked up this months BRM and loving the blown up in print photos Al. You’ve really captured the atmosphere of the C&HPR there; really inspirational stuff! I hope I can bring Middleton Top up to this sort of standard. 

Thanks Jay, very kind of you.

Al.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am working from home and life is just fine.  I presume the contrast between our personal situation is that little thing called the equator.

If I am wrong pleaser email me!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Bogie said:

I am working from home and life is just fine.  I presume the contrast between our personal situation is that little thing called the equator.

If I am wrong pleaser email me!

Not sure you can call something 25.000 miles long a little thing, but then, it is immeasurably small across...

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

My problem is a lack of space, as you know.

So the kitchen table is now my office. When we first went into lockdown I worked from my bedroom, but that was untenable long term, it meant that I was essentially in my bedroom for 12 or more hours a day, just escaping to eat or prepare food.

So I had to rearrange things, and so now I work in the kitchen, but that means nowhere to leave the layout set up to work on, and I simply haven't got the interest to keep swapping stuff around...

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, and should really just shut up and get on with it, but I'm really fighting the black dog at the moment.

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Alister_G said:

My problem is a lack of space, as you know.

So the kitchen table is now my office. When we first went into lockdown I worked from my bedroom, but that was untenable long term, it meant that I was essentially in my bedroom for 12 or more hours a day, just escaping to eat or prepare food.

So I had to rearrange things, and so now I work in the kitchen, but that means nowhere to leave the layout set up to work on, and I simply haven't got the interest to keep swapping stuff around...

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, and should really just shut up and get on with it, but I'm really fighting the black dog at the moment.

Al.

It is tricky, Al. 

I've done very little these last three or so months. Work picked up and I more or less returned to working from the office.  

Now it's back to March/April and  I'm back working from home / dining table with all the challenges that brings. 

I've decided to tackle a few small jobs rather than start a new project just yet. 

Looks like being an interesting end to the year.. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

I guess I'm the lucky one, being retired, and although I've left very little room in the Pit of Doom, I do have my O Gauge permanently set up, plus the Guitars and room for my Art.

I have re arranged a few things and will be starting a new small 7ft x 1ft, ''OO'' Project soon inspired by;

You = Ladmanlow Sidings. Cromford Wharf etc.

Rob = @NHY 581=Mutton, Bleat Wharf, Sheep Dip.

CK = @Captain Kernow = Bethseda Sidings.

And others.

I hope you can fined Somewhere Al, I can't imagine how hard it must be at the moment for any of you Guys working from home.

Keep the faith, stay well and safe.:good:

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It is tricky, Al. 

I've done very little these last three or so months. Work picked up and I more or less returned to working from the office.  

Now it's back to March/April and  I'm back working from home / dining table with all the challenges that brings. 

I've decided to tackle a few small jobs rather than start a new project just yet. 

Looks like being an interesting end to the year.. 

Rob. 

Yeah, life is not going to be back to "normal" ever again, I don't think.

My company are now looking to close all their physical offices completely, but that means that we have to plan how to support all the staff on a permanent basis, as well as move all our hosted IT resources to somewhere.

I do need to sort out some way of doing some modelling, just to try and stay sane...

Al.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
On 05/07/2020 at 18:25, Andrew P said:

So there you have it, strait from the horses mouth, just 7mm from now on.

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I have re arranged a few things and will be starting a new small 7ft x 1ft, ''OO'' Project soon inspired by;

And others.

Hmmm...

OK...

:)

Al

Edited by Alister_G
  • Funny 2

My problem comes from the fact that before the move, I brought all my Scenic Flockages, Grassages and Ballastages etc to Amp Sher, I then bought another lot due to the delay in the move and building two more Layouts.

I now have a LARGE Plastic box full of Chinese Takaway and Ice Cream Tubs full of Scenicage stuff I need to use up. I probably have enough for about 10 small Layouts. :o

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Don't quite know what happened, but the comment attributed to me in your post about lack of space 3 hours ago about the little thing called the equator was by Bogie 9 hours ago , not me 7 hours ago, though I commented further about the equator's length and width.  Actually it hasn't got a length as it is continuous circle and thus infinite...

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Don't quite know what happened, but the comment attributed to me in your post about lack of space 3 hours ago about the little thing called the equator was by Bogie 9 hours ago , not me 7 hours ago, though I commented further about the equator's length and width.  Actually it hasn't got a length as it is continuous circle and thus infinite...

Oh yeah, I hadn't noticed. I quoted Bogie so I don't know why it's attributed it to you.

Al.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Is it finished yet, you're slacking!

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1