Ladmanlow Sidings and other C&HPR locations

Alister_G

• RMweb Gold

Evening gents, sorry I've not replied sooner, I've been avoiding computers in my leisure time for a bit.

Sadly no modelling to speak of recently, but have some ideas which might bare fruit in a while.

Thanks for checking up on me :)

Al.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Know how you feel, I now spend my working day in front of a screen so I spend less of my leisure time in front of one. However, because I'm only travelling into work two days in every two weeks I have gained some time in the evenings, so have  been able to spend some time modelling, just not much progress worth photographing lately.

Streaming live music lessons to classes of teenagers is really quite an intense experience.

The updates will be worth waiting for.

Martyn

Edited by mullie
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

If I didn’t know differently I would think they were photos of the real thing, fantastic stuff :good:

I’m obviously not referring to the photo with the oversized Land Rover in it :lol:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, chuffinghell said:

If I didn’t know differently I would think they were photos of the real thing, fantastic stuff :good:

Cheers Chris. I think the bloody big Discovery in the last one gives it away a bit, don't you... :D :D

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Thank you Rob, and err, Rob... :)  

It’s a good name is Rob!

My old man is Robert, my middle name is Robert and my eldest son is also Robert

We’re obviously not a very imaginative family when it comes to names :lol:

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

We’re obviously not a very imaginative family when it comes to names

Well so long as you don't follow the barberous American practice of adding "the second" and "the third" after your names - unless your surname is fFarquharson or Wimbourne-Pershing of course :D

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Lovely photo. There even appears to be a wisp of smoke coming from the chimney too.

Thanks Jonathan, so there is! That's not photoshopped, I wonder who snuck in and lit the fire?? :O

Al.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

I have further cropped the photo previously posted, I still think this looks good:

ladmanlow1552h.jpg.c3b6886e5d05896d8adfa4a9096d579c.jpg

Al.

fantasic!..now stop posting photos of real locos, buildings and land rovers and post some of models ;)

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys, for all your comments.

@Andrew P on the "How Realistic" thread you asked "and what's your NEXT project mate?"

When it gets a bit warmer I'm hoping to take some video out on the moors in the same location. I've been gathering together all the necessary technical bits to make that possible. I've also started another 2 foot module to add on the end of the embankment board to allow a train to approach from off the embankment.

Al.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks guys, for all your comments.

@Andrew P on the "How Realistic" thread you asked "and what's your NEXT project mate?"

When it gets a bit warmer I'm hoping to take some video out on the moors in the same location. I've been gathering together all the necessary technical bits to make that possible. I've also started another 2 foot module to add on the end of the embankment board to allow a train to approach from off the embankment.

Al.

That all sounds really good mate.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Apologies Al, rather more pressing matters at chez Rayner (undoubtedly elsewhere too). Life must be returning to something approaching good or normal though, I've found a moment to pop by. Hope you and yours are well. Great pic, take care.

C6T. 

• Like 1