Ladmanlow Sidings and other C&HPR locations

Alister_G

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Andrew P said:

Stunning Al, and what a great way to start the day, Some awesome shots there mate, but you should have taken a little stove and done a nice fry up as well.

Doh! I never gave that a thought. It would have been lovely to do that, too, it was a glorious morning.

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Brilliant photo's Al, the misty background really sets the layout off great idea.

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

I was really lucky with the weather, as I drove up in the dark there were low wisps of cloud / mist in the headlights, and I thought it was going to be a washout, but it was perfect, with the mist hanging over Millers Dale, but the sky clear.

Cheers mate,

Al.

Edit: This is what it looked like as the sun rose: you've got Taddington Dale in the foreground, then after the second line of trees, that's Miller's Dale.

ladmanlow835.jpg.b4246f6c28c2d444c16e05108e91cd3f.jpg

Edited by Alister_G
  • Like 15

55 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks Steve,

I was really lucky with the weather, as I drove up in the dark there were low wisps of cloud / mist in the headlights, and I thought it was going to be a washout, but it was perfect, with the mist hanging over Millers Dale, but the sky clear.

Cheers mate,

Al.

Edit: This is what it looked like as the sun rose: you've got Taddington Dale in the foreground, then after the second line of trees, that's Miller's Dale.

ladmanlow835.jpg.b4246f6c28c2d444c16e05108e91cd3f.jpg

nice photo Al, looks a lovely part of the country.

Steve

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Now that's what you call a backscene, which reminds me to get to work on providing one for mine. I don't think I could get the layout out of the house in one piece though!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Al, what a wonderful idea to have a one man model railway exibition outside, it was a shame more people didn't turn up for it, but plenty of room to swing a back pack though. Some lovely pictures which have captured the essence of the area that you are modelling. All the best Adrian.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

We've all seen N gauge and even Z used to give depth perception but using 1:1 scale really  is thinking outside the box, quite literally too!

Just brilliant Al!!

What a beautiful morning, I do miss England sometimes.

Regards Shaun

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks Shaun,

It really was "this green and pleasant land" that morning.

Today - not so much... It's raining here.

Al.

Well, that's how it gets to be green!

• Agree 2