Festive Micro Layout - Layout in a Wrapping Paper Box

1 hour ago, OOman said:

Well done indeed Callum. It’s always great to see your railway modelling and to see your winters end layout in the Hornby magazine.:good_mini:

Many thanks indeed! 

Really is nice to see it in print :) Got to get around to another follow up project now ;)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

A little look at our latest micro layout project and all for a good cause too! 

Sunday 7th July 2019 saw the Warley Model Railway Club open it's doors for their Annual Summer Open Day, featuring a wide selection of the club's layouts and modelling projects on display.

This years event also a very special Modelling Competition, between four teams, featuring many familiar Model Railway YouTuber's.

These 4 teams were;

. Everard Junction & New Junction

. Dean Park Station & Cottesmore

. Cheekytek & Breatherdale Bank

. Myself (SDJR7F88) & 82A Studios

The challenge was to build a small 40cm x 20cm Diorama in the space of 5 hours, using materials kindling provided ScaleModelScenics, Woodland Scenices & WWScenics. Once the time was up, the layouts would be judged and then auctioned off for charity, with the winning Diorama to be displayed at this years Warley National Model Railway Exhibition in November!

In this video, we take a look myself & Adam's time at the event, documenting our teams, and the other competitors builds, as well as a quick look at some of the amazing Warley Club layouts on display.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, OOman said:

Hi Callum great video. The modelling of all the dioramas is excellent with beautiful attention to detail. Congratulations on your diorama win.:good_mini:

Thanks ever so much! It really was a close challenge indeed! All were winners in our eyes :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Amiens 1918 & Winters End to attend the Hornby Open Day at Margate! 

On Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th August 2019, Hornby will be opening there doors to the public to celebrate their return to Margate. The day will see tours of the site, as well as the first public viewing of the new 1 to 1 Collection. On display will be number of layouts, including "Amiens 1918" - my 009 Scale WW1 Trench Railway and "Winters End" - my Hornby Wrapping Paper Storage Box Micro Layout.
For more Information and Tickets check out the Hornby Website
Hope to see you there!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think these micro layouts in a box, by yourself, Chris Nevard and others, are a great demonstration of what can be done to make a start in railway modelling, without a huge outlay. As a pastime, it can be both absorbing and relaxing! And we acquire so many new skills! I have enjoyed watching your progress through your YouTube videos.

Edited by Marly51
  • Agree 5

4 hours ago, Marly51 said:

I think these micro layouts in a box, by yourself, Chris Nevard and others, are a great demonstration of what can be done to make a start in railway modelling, without a huge outlay. As a pastime, it can be both absorbing and relaxing! And we acquire so many new skills! I have enjoyed watching your progress through your YouTube videos.

I'll say, speaking for myself, as someone who's been in the hobby for almost 50 years that micros, boxfiles, shelf layouts and T-Trak modules are giving me more enjoyment at this stage than anything I've done over the years. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Marly51 said:

Thanks ever so much! Totally agree! That what I love about these sort of layouts! Got to get started on the next one ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AMoonRabbit said:

I was there at the open day today. Saw your layouts, instantly recognised the festive micro layout.

Many thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed the show! Did you manage to say hi? There were so many visitors over the weekend it was hard to keep track :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, johna said:

Callum I have been inspired by your wonderful layout and accompanying videos so much so that I hope to build something simular but without the snow if you don't mind. Thanks

Johna

Many thanks indeed Johna! Glad the layout and videos have been of inspiration! Will have to do another one at some point ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OOman said:

Hi Callum it was great to see you at the Hornby weekend, your 1918 layout is awesome and the Christmas layout in a box you built in a box still inspires me. 

It will be interesting to see what you model next time round.

Thanks ever so much and like wise! Really was a good weekend! Got a few ideas, just need to get around to doing them ;)

• Like 1

17th - 18th August 2019 saw Hornby Hobbies open their doors to the public for their first Open Weekend, held at their headquarters in Margate.
The 2 day event Celebrated Hornby's return to Margate with the first official public viewing of the 1:1 Locomotive Collection, which is curated in parted of the old factory, along with a selection of layouts and displays, including my WW1 Trench Railway - "Amiens 1918" and my Hornby Micro Layout - "Winters End". The Hornby Team were also on hand at the event, greeting visitors, and displaying some of their latest products and projects, from the vast Hornby Hobbies range.  
In this video we take a look behind the scenes, documenting our time at the event, while displaying "Amiens 1918" - my WW1 Trench Railway and "Winters End" my Hornby Micro Layout. We also taking a closer look at the 1:1 Collection before the doors open to the general public, as well as some of the new and exciting models on the way from Hornby! 
Special thanks to Hornby for putting on such a great show, and looking after us over the event.
Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Heads up! 
I'll be displaying "Winters End" along side our Warley Open Day Winning YouTube Challenge Micro "Compton Colliery" at the Wincanton Model Railway Exhibition on the 9th & 10th Nov 2019! 82A Studios will also be on hand with a selection of his micro layouts too, so be sure to pop along and say hi!
Full details on the poster below...
Hope to see you there!

FB_IMG_1572532100834.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Hi Callum it’s always great to see this layout you built. I do like the Christmasy snow theme.

Thanks Kevin! Glad you like them! Was good fun to build this little one. Giving me a few ideas for future layouts like this too :)

• Like 2