Railtour to Looe - 3 February 2019

pb_devon

Perhaps I should book to go on it.

Our bathroom is being rebuilt and everything has been removed. Hence I urgently need a trip to Looe, indeed I can’t wait.

Yeah, wouldn't want you producing Moorswater in the wrong place ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Passenger travel over the Liskeard link line would not be a first.  A few railtours have done it.  It was once possible on the service train at the end of the day though that now and for many recent years has terminated in the bay platform and shunted out.  The link is fully signalled and must have a facing point lock on the main line at least so should it should be possible to traverse it subject to other safety considerations and load factors.

How many folk will get to see Looe?  The platform holds less that three 60' DMU cars.  With a T&T loco-worked formation only the leading vehicle will be platformed.  Walking through to alight and re-board will take some time.

Passenger travel over the Liskeard link line would not be a first.  A few railtours have done it.  It was once possible on the service train at the end of the day though that now and for many recent years has terminated in the bay platform and shunted out.  The link is fully signalled and must have a facing point lock on the main line at least so should it should be possible to traverse it subject to other safety considerations and load factors.

How many folk will get to see Looe?  The platform holds less that three 60' DMU cars.  With a T&T loco-worked formation only the leading vehicle will be platformed.  Walking through to alight and re-board will take some time.

Its signalled by 'shunt' signals, there arent any check rails etc etc.

Which other railtours have traversed the link line with passengers on board.

• RMweb Premium

Shunt signals are to my mind “fully signalled” as opposed to “under local instructions” or “hand signalled” for example. The issue of previous passenger use has been clarified above.