Farish 2019 Announcements - ended up as speculation froth.

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

Preferably at the prices they were supposed to be in the year they were announced rather than the inevitable bung up of the MRP that is going to happen across the board as soon as we tick over into another January...

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann are making efforts to get items announced years ago to market asap, as evidenced by the recent appearance of EP samples for the Mk2s, Thompsons, 8F and also CAD work for the refurb Class 31s shown in the collectors club magazine. When I spoke with the chaps on the Bachmann stand at Warley, they seemed confident we would start to see things improving further in this respect later in the year once the factory move is complete. 

Tom.  

It is no good them chucking everything out at once though because most people have a budget for their hobbies. This would mean they would have stock sitting unsold on shelves if they are not careful.

Still, they must know what they are doing!

Cheers

Mark

The launch date for the 2019 Bachmann brochures (Branchlines OO and Graham Farish N ranges) is Monday 14th January with the 'news' embargoed until 1200 (noon) that day following the morning presentation.

G.

• RMweb Premium

So, my guesses (only "modern image" though from me here)

Retooled chassis for sound capability across the board leading to a fresh run of 37/4's in Large Logo (although I would prefer an unrefurbished Large Logo myself).

New Class 25/3, long overdue and the chassis already exists under the 24 and 25/1.

New Class 44/45/46?  The last ones seem to have vanished and a 46 just went for very silly money on Ebay.

Add a BSO/BSO(T) and a BFK to the Mk1's.

New OAA and VBA to replace the old Poole ones which now look horribly dated alongside the newer OBA and OCA already on the books,

• Like 1

Not a lot of new announcements coming I predict..

My personal wishlist is Thompsons in maroon.

Oh, and that loose DMU centre car I've been banging on about for years!

Les

Sorry but I think you will be out of luck on both, I reckon the maroon Thompsons will be in the catalogue after the Thompsons hit the shops - some people will buy Crimson and Cream as a novelty of the new model coming out before selling the more popular livery.

I think only Lima ever sold centre car's separate - never seen Bachmann do it (except for a Virgin Voyager)

• RMweb Premium

I think only Lima ever sold centre car's separate - never seen Bachmann do it (except for a Virgin Voyager)

Farish did in the Poole era.

And new will be a Class 117 DMU, in a multitude of variations from as built to as withdrawn.

Dave

• Like 3

I don't think we will see many new announcements, one steam loco, one diesel at most - but one of these will probably be a retooled chassis for sound (black 5 or 37), 1920's Pullman coaches as they have a rake for each of the big 4 now and don't see another set of Mk2's coming just yet. A new wagon as well, possibly freightliner flats to match the new OO they have made

Farish did in the Poole era.

And new will be a Class 117 DMU, in a multitude of variations from as built to as withdrawn.

Dave

Would love Class 117 DMU to be done, much needed as it could also lend itself to model other types such as the class 116 etc..

i'd definitely grab a couple of Blue/grey one's 

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

I don't think we will see many new announcements, one steam loco, one diesel at most - but one of these will probably be a retooled chassis for sound (black 5 or 37), 1920's Pullman coaches as they have a rake for each of the big 4 now and don't see another set of Mk2's coming just yet. A new wagon as well, possibly freightliner flats to match the new OO they have made

Yes Ed--K-type Pullmans would be great. Agreed re FFAs and FGAs too--both big missing items for the 60s/70s modellers.

I'm afraid I've developed a glass half empty mentality in my desire for a Farish 2 HAP or EPB EMU to go with MY CEPs, Bachmann have destroyed my faith so I'll whimper about how it would be nice for a rerun of the 3 car class 101 in original green, blue/grey and even an 80s version of Strathclyde PTE.

Mk2 BFK would be handy.

Edited by steve1023
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes I wonder if they'll start re-working what they've got with sound provision. 66 perhaps?

Hear hear.

Even though no more can be made, the 66 is the definitive freight loco of the last 20 years and given the sheer number in service will do for at least another decade.

After what Hattons have done in 00 I really think Farish would do well to revisit their model and "future-proof" it.

The basic shape is good, and there is not too much wrong with the chassis, but switchable tail lights, provision for sound, NEM coupler pockets, etched grilles and user-applied cab side mirrors.  Plus more recent innovations such as super-capacitors, cab lighting etc might be worth considering.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That was exactly my thought! The Hatton’s one is impressive - clearly Farish still see value in the 66, so stealing a march on any (more) competitors would be shrewd. I’d definitely have a few if they had sound provision, and agree those other tweaks would make for a great model.

I imagine Bachmann will say the FFA/FGA would be too expensive for the market size of N, which is a shame, particularly as the longer rakes would be easier to recreate.