Farish 2019 Announcements - ended up as speculation froth.

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I am just finishing a repaint of a modern tooling 2 car Class 101 into refurbished white with blue stripe livery so that has got to be a dead cert to be announced.  Would prefer Strathclyde red/black though but I dread to think how much...

Any two of 25/3, Peaks, Crab and V2 are my guess.

If they were to do a 25/3, it would be good if they put some effort into getting the underframe area right. This is quite a distinctive feature of these locos. Their current 25 has what must be the most inaccurate underframe of any curent N gauge mainline diesel. A real shame as the bogies are actually quite nice.

I am just finishing a repaint of a modern tooling 2 car Class 101 into refurbished white with blue stripe livery so that has got to be a dead cert to be announced.  Would prefer Strathclyde red/black though but I dread to think how much...

I thought it was bizarre that Bachmann chose the 108 over the 101 when it came to having a DMU in the refurb livery as I'm sure that the latter were more numerous in this livery.

If they were to do a 25/3, it would be good if they put some effort into getting the underframe area right. This is quite a distinctive feature of these locos. Their current 25 has what must be the most inaccurate underframe of any curent N gauge mainline diesel. A real shame as the bogies are actually quite nice.

I saw just about every 25/3 in the flesh.

Funnily enough though I can't tell whether the current 25 class underframe is accurate or inaccurate.

There are more important things in life.

• RMweb Gold

I'd hoped we might see a Lord Nelson, but with Hornby nicking the OO version I guess the chances of that are now significantly reduced. 

A rebuilt Merchant Navy would be nice. Plenty of them still around in preservation to widen the appeal. 

At Warley it was suggested that they are looking at revisiting some of the early tender drive models for redesign with loco drive. The Black 5 must be an early contender for that treatment. 

Class 90 has to be a pretty strong possibility. New model in OO so the research is all there, and one of the few remaining original Farish models yet to be redone. 

Tom.  

• Like 1

I know it has already been said, but even just a realistic update on a release date for some of the exciting previous announcements like the class 319, intercity mk2s and class 31 would be great.

looking to the future………re-tool the class 90 and 87 please (it's nice to dream isn't it).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I know it has already been said, but even just a realistic update on a release date for some of the exciting previous announcements like the class 319, intercity mk2s and class 31 would be great.

looking to the future………re-tool the class 90 and 87 please (it's nice to dream isn't it).

From post #10: “The MK2f's are scheduled for delivery in November 2019”

I saw just about every 25/3 in the flesh.

Funnily enough though I can't tell whether the current 25 class underframe is accurate or inaccurate.

There are more important things in life.

Maybe true, however progress IS  regularly  made, and as a result of which, we are thankfully not stuck with the likes of Hornby three rail any more.

It would be nice just to have the J72 in tooling with a firm (or as near as they ever get) delivery date....

Doubtful. AFAIR the J72 was most recently last reported as still at the 'research' stage. After that it needs to go to the 'design' stage for CADs to be produced before getting to the 'tooling' stage. And as to announcing a firm delivery date for it . . .  

G.

In terms of what I would like to see/hear announced is an N gauge class 416 EPB emu (shrunk down from their OO/4mm version). It's a little doubtful as I understand a DEMU Thumper in N is more likely.

They seem to have hammered various ranges of coaches over recent years (although not all variants have been produced) with some still coming through to production, so perhaps some new wagons are more likely on the cards. With the recent release of the OO/4mm version of the Freightliner flats (FFA/FFG) I suggest they would make a good offering with their longevity from the early 60s and now that it been a while since the old, rather inaccurate, Poole Farish version was produced. Some of the original 5 wagon rakes were later reduced providing options for shorter trains and some were converted to FJA infrastructure wagons and others to FDA track panel carriers so would also provide an option for wagon bashers/modellers.

G

• RMweb Premium

N gauge DEMU would be great....as long as they do a three car.

As I’ve built a class 25/3 from the current Farish class 25/1 this year the6 are bound to announce a class 25/3 for delivery in 2025!

A 4 Wheel Ferry van would be good, but I expect the Freightliner flats will get the shrink ray.

Doubtful. AFAIR the J72 was most recently last reported as still at the 'research' stage. After that it needs to go to the 'design' stage for CADs to be produced before getting to the 'tooling' stage. And as to announcing a firm delivery date for it . . .  

G.

How to puncture a dream...….

Les

I did say "it would be nice to " rather than  "I'm expecting to..."

Edited by Les1952

I would guess...

Shrink ray...

E4, desperately need a Southern tank engine! They've done a GWR, LNER, LMS and BR model.

H1/2. It's very pretty... And would be a good seller in N.

Collett goods. Amazed it hasn't been done yet!

S&D 7F. Popular theme and plenty of suitable coaching stock available. S&DJR collectors club variant possible to.

2EPB? or MLV? Please Bachmann???

Totally new I would like to see some k type Pullman's... Would go nicely with the merchant navy and other Pacific's.

Given the price of the old Farish ones on eBay and the way they are still used you'd think it was a no brainer!

EDIT: To be clear... I would only imagine one maybe two tops.

Edited by Mr chapman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I would guess...

Shrink ray...

E4, desperately need a Southern tank engine! They've done a GWR, LNER, LMS and BR model.

H1/2. It's very pretty... And would be a good seller in N.

Collett goods. Amazed it hasn't been done yet!

S&D 7F. Popular theme and plenty of suitable coaching stock available. S&DJR collectors club variant possible to.

2EPB? or MLV? Please Bachmann???

Totally new I would like to see some k type Pullman's... Would go nicely with the merchant navy and other Pacific's.

Given the price of the old Farish ones on eBay and the way they are still used you'd think it was a no brainer!

EDIT: To be clear... I would only imagine one maybe two tops.

I'll go along with that! I'd pick the K-type Pullmans as my number one choice.

• Like 2

i predict very few new releases in N.   maybe an AC electric with the Class 85 making the logical guess but they could revisit the Class 87 following the announcement a few years that a BR Blue 87002 and an Executive Inter-City liveried 87005 would be released but then they were quietly pulled.........granted now you expect lighting front and rear and perhaps cab lights too.

Those Mk2fs are not in for another year?   I find this quite amazing.  that will 6 years and I thought the 00 gauge ones took ages.  The prices between the N gauge version and the N gauge version is minimal now.

Mk1 Inter-City Sleeper Blue & Grey SLC to complete the range.

Have Mk1 POTs been announced yet in N?

Modern image 1974 WCML modernisation style twin track northern section road overbridge from Scenecraft.