Farish 2019 Announcements - ended up as speculation froth.

Crepello

Even if Farish announced a light pacific I would still hold out for the Dapol model. They seem to be putting a lot of effort in to make it a flagship model. Might just be worth the wait! Not that Farish wouldn't do a good job based on their MN or N class... I mean, if they must...

• RMweb Gold

A rebuilt Dapol model is likely to be 2-3 years away unless they are working it in tandem with the non-rebuilt one behind the scenes. Not that i'm advocating duplication, but if Bachmann wanted to come out fighting after a period of delays and production issues it would be an option for them to say we mean business. I suspect it's unlikely anyway. 

Tom.  

• RMweb Premium

Farish might announce the MR/LMS Compound 4-4-0. For many years it was in their Poole range but was never upgraded with blackened wheels once Bachmann took over the old tooling.

Now that Bachmann's produced them in OO, it might be time to apply the shrink ray on them.

• RMweb Premium

i predict very few new releases in N.   maybe an AC electric with the Class 85 making the logical guess but they could revisit the Class 87 following the announcement a few years that a BR Blue 87002 and an Executive Inter-City liveried 87005 would be released but then they were quietly pulled.........granted now you expect lighting front and rear and perhaps cab lights too.

Those Mk2fs are not in for another year?   I find this quite amazing.  that will 6 years and I thought the 00 gauge ones took ages.  The prices between the N gauge version and the N gauge version is minimal now.

Mk1 Inter-City Sleeper Blue & Grey SLC to complete the range.

Have Mk1 POTs been announced yet in N?

Modern image 1974 WCML modernisation style twin track northern section road overbridge from Scenecraft.

No POTs in N yet--if ever.......!

• RMweb Gold

Don't think we'll see much this year. The Compound might arrive if the OO one sold well. There might be an 0-6-2 tank (Coal Tank, perhaps?) given the Sonic Models 56xx. It's about time there was a revised 25/3, but possibly a 24/1 might be more likely or a 25/0.

While there may not be much chance of a lot of completely new models - it would be nice if there could be some more batches of existing stuff. 

I would like Farish to do the blue riband MK1 RU in chocolate & cream (they haven't done it in that livery and I could do with one for when I run my WR named trains).

Some more Bullieds in the 1960s version of malachite green would be nice (maybe with a yellow stripe on the CK).

Another run of the  blue riband MK1s BSK, CK, TSO in green wouldn't hurt.  Perhaps they could do a three car K set (BSK, CK, BSK) like they did with the Bulleids (they did those as a three car L set 830) a couple of years ago.

• RMweb Premium

It would be nice if the long delayed Mk2a FK in blue grey and the Sealink Mk1s actually turned up at some point.

Some Mk2b and Mk2c as well as Mk1 BSO would be nice too.

• RMweb Premium

In terms of rolling stock Farish might bring out:

new: Mk1 RBR (to complement the Mk2fs)

reliveried Mk1 FO, BCK in Intercity swallow livery and white roofs

new: Freightliner FFA/FGA to replace the ancient Farish version

Here goes from me...(not really a steam person myself):

Diesel:

New tool Class 07 - more a suspicion, like the Class 14, only a release in N since a OO already exists

New tool Class 45 - not many choices in the current range in my view and all are old tools.  Plenty of options and celebrities to mention...

Electric:

I think we may see more activity in this theatre...

New Class 90 and/or 91 - the 91 perhaps less so, as it means the coaches are pretty much required too (costly) but the 90 could gain from OO research

Class 85 - again, the OO research exists, so the scaling down of chassis equipment would probably be the biggest development costs

Class 87 - lots of livery choices, so a possible future revenue earner

Multiple Units:

Class 117 - again, a lot of the research with OO is shared

Class 387 - a number of areas of application, especially with GWML's new electrification using them...

Coaches:

I suspect more released of the same liveries and fruition of the Mk2F ranges.  As has been said before, the Mk1 RBR to complement the Mk2Fs.

Just possibly the Mk2D/E...

Wagons:

Really can't decide a good guess but possibly the STVA car carriers, though the steel carriers used on the 'Boston' steel trains would get my interest.

Departmental:

Harsco Rail Grinder?  :O

Hopefully something for everyone tomorrow, though I suspect the factory issues with Bachmann may mean a number of delays which could affect announcements for this year and for that we just have to be patient.  Not long to go now I suppose... but must do a morning's work before I enjoy my lunch break  :D

Cheers,

Ixion.

Edited by 97403_Ixion
  • Like 1