Rocoline (with Trackbed) Digital Point Motors 42624 - NOW Railcom Compatible!

Having just received  some of the NEW PRODUCTION of Rocoline with-trackbed Digital Point Motors, I checked the instructions enclosed for information on Railcom® compatibility, because, 'previously' the website / downloaded manual had clearly stated a warning that the (digital) point motors were/would not be Railcom® compatiblle  !!!

The new instructions carry a reminder to ensure that track feed suppression capacitors have been removed, BUT made no mention of Railcom - despite showing a Z21 method of programming the motor.

HOWEVER - visiting the Product Page on Roco.cc for the Digital Point Motor NOW STATES that (the present production by implication/inference)  IS NOW RAILCOM Compatible

However since I have a large number of the OLD type on my layout, I suspect I will not be using Railcom on it, and I will have to clearly identify the newer stock by an obvious - rather than obscure - date code !

From Roco.cc:

Home > TRACKS > H0 Roco-Line w. bedding > Others
42624 - Digital switch drive

[New] [Novelty (2017, cw 44)]
[Gauge: H0 1:87]

[Note to EU Toys Directive 2009/48/EC:
Warning, not for children under 14 years of age.]
Railway company:    |
Gauge: H0   |
EAN: 9005033426248
Add to wish list
Spare parts
Pdf print
Novelty (2017, cw 44)

€ 19,90
incl. VAT

Suitable for all ROCO LINE bedding switches. The digital switch drive is simply
plugged into the recess on the underside of the switches. The electrical connection
is made with two cables directly to the rail profiles. The digital switch drive
already includes a DCC-Decoder (this new version is RailCom® compatible) and can be
programmed after installation.

RailCom is a registered trademark of the Lenz GmbH, Gießen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know of a way of “reversing” the normal and thrown directions? On a straight point it doesn’t matter - normal is always the straight route

but with curved points, either one could be the “normal” route

cheers

phil g