LT battery loco, 4mm

Simon Hartshorne

I’m building a layout with a ‘bit’ of LT on it and a battery loco (or two) would be a bonus. When I started researching the layout Radley Models had a kit but it now appears that they don’t.....notwithstanding the obvious retrospective advice (should have bought one at the time) does anyone know of any kits around, or better still decent drawing of the locos?

I’ve done the usual Google (and this forum) searches without any success.

Thanis in advance.

• Like 1

Go the the 4mm OO gauge Underground link, then the Engineering stock link.

They have powered and non-powered.

He's one of mine.

I’m building a layout with a ‘bit’ of LT on it and a battery loco (or two) would be a bonus. When I started researching the layout Radley Models had a kit but it now appears that they don’t.....notwithstanding the obvious retrospective advice (should have bought one at the time) does anyone know of any kits around, or better still decent drawing of the locos?

I’ve done the usual Google (and this forum) searches without any success.

Thanis in advance.

post-18114-0-47037900-1544644180_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I've found phoning Phil Radley a rather better bet than rummaging around on his website. Additionally, if you phone him regarding battery locos, he can tell you whether he has any of the unadvertised 1985 versions left together with the 3HC43 compressors that are useful if you want to update the earlier ones [pictured 4 posts earlier]. The ones he sells still have the F&Q stock variety of compressor that sits in the triangular angle iron frame.

Edited by Arun Sharma
addnl info
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased a poorly built and painted Radley Models LT Loco, the chasis was twisted and the body had cracks as well as flakey paint, i set about stripping the model, then rebuilding the chasis, i have serviced the tenshido motor bogey and is now a good runner. i have added deummy wipacs to represent a more modern prototype.

Next job is to add darker shade of grey to the centre roof panels and add transfers.

Edit : oh and of course glazing....

uZ2WTFc4Qr6cAcdhrQWDQg.jpg

F11E909F-1516-4267-874F-5CC4D73FECD3.jpg

Edited by Thefatcontroller
Forgot glazing.
  • Like 2