Hornby Mag January DVD doesnt work

Edge

Managed to watch the video by extracting the video from the disc. Just recalled that the last DVD I had with Hornby magazine also did the same thing.

As if that wasn’t enough, when I did get the files playing the Audio kept dropping out and several sections were totally silent.

Sorry guys, but I do think it’s a poor showing that the disc can’t be just put in and played - I get that this isn’t a large production and that it’s put together by only a few people, but it fails in the fundamental task of being a DVD to be honest.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry guys, but I do think it’s a poor showing that the disc can’t be just put in and played - I get that this isn’t a large production and that it’s put together by only a few people, but it fails in the fundamental task of being a DVD to be honest.

Surely the DVD isn't actually made by the publisher?

I would have thought they make up the files send them to a DVD duplicating company who will actually produce the DVD for them.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I've also got a DVD that doesn't work. I tried copying it to the HDD as well using Handbrake (this often picks up incompatibilities), but it said no content was available to read.

How do I get a replacement?

Stewart

Same here did not work with Handbrake would not copy the files.

• Like 1

Der - what DVD?  Picked my copy of the Jan Hornby mag up at WH Smiths Friday with "Free DVD" text displayed on front cover.  Checked the various copies on display and none had a DVD attached.  And I couldn't find any instructions in the mag on how to get my free DVD.  Just a brief reference to the DVD contents on the contents page.

So how do I get this "free DVD" - working or otherwise.  I guess a non-working DVD would make a good coaster for my coffee mug?

Knitpick, the Free DVD was supposed top be attached to the magazine.

Mine worked fine in my DVD/BR player but did have the odd bits of silence, I got the impression they they were there because of bad editing as there did not appear to be anything of relevance missing from the commentary.

Anybody know how or who to contact about the dvd?

Stewart

Mine didn't play either, so I sent an email requesting a link for an online copy if possible to: hornbymagazine@keypublishing.com, the email address on the contacts list on page 4.

Only sent today, so hopefully will get a reply this coming week.

• RMweb Gold

Knitpick, the Free DVD was supposed top be attached to the magazine.

Mine worked fine in my DVD/BR player but did have the odd bits of silence, I got the impression they they were there because of bad editing as there did not appear to be anything of relevance missing from the commentary.

Mine worked but no sound on the Oake layout feature. Was this an accidental production c*** up or deliberate? If the latter adding an on-screen No commentary on this feature message would have been helpful.

Edited by john new

Mine played fine in my Blu-ray player. 3 layouts had no sound and much of the footage was jerky, especially noticeable on slow moving trains which seemed to pulse rather than glide along. 

But hey, it's a freebee and I enjoyed watching. Don't think Mr York and co need worry about the competition in the free DVD market though.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've spoken to Hornby Magazine this afternoon and they say they are aware of the problems and are looking for a solution. 

If you get in touch with them, they may send you a link to a YouTube version, but this is for your personal use only. Please do not share the link or publish it here.