If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello, Im new

HK 67

I now live in Beautifull British Columbia. I spent my early years in the colonies, Libia, Cypress, Hong Kong returning to the Uk on leave to visit family in Bristol and Barnstaple. Flying back B.O.A.C. then by train from Paddington to the west. Steam in the early days. The UK was a magical place to me at that time, as everything was British made. Every mode of transport back then had character cars, and buses seemed to have a human face, with their big old style headlights and grills. I loved the place, especially the wonderful characters one would meet back then. By the 70's it all started to change. The railways were being decimated. Transport was foreign made, and yellow lines were everywhere. I decided to leave. I worked in many different countries, eventually settling in Vancouver, BC. Now retired, I have time to model, and I am building somewhat a fine scale model of Barnstaple Junction, the old bridge, and Ilfracombe station. I have many different collections, and one of them is a CPR railway hand car on some track in the garden. Keeps one fit...

Tim S.  

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/73897-kowloon-canton-railway-a-proposal/

Edited by HK 67
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Welcome Tim, agree with your comments, I left the UK in 1971, with some sadness but it was the right thing to do for me...........anyway truckloads of good stuff on here.

Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tim

Welcome.

I spent quite a few weekends in Barnstaple in he 80's and early 90's with a friend who used to work at the station so have quite a bit of interest in the railways in that area and the station itself although by then it was a shadow of what it used to be.

Would be good to see your progress with the layout.

Ian

• Like 1

Tim

Welcome.

I spent quite a few weekends in Barnstaple in he 80's and early 90's with a friend who used to work at the station so have quite a bit of interest in the railways in that area and the station itself although by then it was a shadow of what it used to be.

Would be good to see your progress with the layout.

Ian

Hi Ian, Thanks for your warm Welcome. I went back to visit Barnstaple in the 80s and did some video work of the station and signal box. I interviewed some of the staff that were still left. So, it's possible that your friend is on my film! Hope to hear back from you...Tim

Edited by HK 67

Welcome Tim, agree with your comments, I left the UK in 1971, with some sadness but it was the right thing to do for me...........anyway truckloads of good stuff on here.

Mike

Thanks, Mike Regards Tim

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian. Thanks for your warm Welcome. I went back to visit  Barnstaple in the 80s and did some video work of the station and signal, Box. I interviewed some of the staff that were still left. So Its posable that your friend is on my film. Tim.

If he is then he will be the tall one that worked in the ticket office / travel centre.

Its changed even more since the 80's.