Hornby 2019 Speculation

Edge

I am drowning in froth......so here is a new one to perhaps increase the salivating!

I would really appreciate some 56 ton iron ore hoppers for the trip from Tyne Dock to Consett.

Yes I know there are some good metals kits but for me too difficult! Oh and can they be weathered?

• RMweb Gold

Traditional English frothing song :

“Come Landlord fill the flowing bowl Until it doth run over

Come Landlord fill the flowing bowl Until it doth run over

For tonight we’ll merry merry be

For tonight we’ll merry merry be

For tonight we’ll merry merry be........

Tomorrow we’ll be sober “

Hello, my first post here, so be nice :)

I would like to see classes AL1,2,3,4 and 6 in ex-works condition to go with my Bachmann AL5s.

Maybe an AM10 four car set? - again ex-works.

A diesel brake tender in green. (to remind me of my train spotting days around Cricklewood steam shed in the early to mid-60s.)

My off the wall item would be a Skaledale Rail replacement bus pack.

A few years ago I would walk by Colchester Station on most Sundays

to see a queue of buses of various vintages and men in hi-viz with clipboards.

Throw in a few vandalised bus shelters and the image is complete!

cheers

Mick

Edited by redmower3
  • Like 3

Hello, my first post here, so be nice :)

A diesel brake tender in green. (to remind me of my train spotting days around Cricklewood steam shed in the early to mid-60s.)

cheers

Mick

Have you tried Hornby Magazine. They have DBTs available in green.

https://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/HM014/HM-DBT-014:%20BR%20Brake%20Tender%20B964039%20BR%20Plain%20Green?dm_i=4JU,5XOA4,LMR0B8,N8HUQ,1

And blue.

https://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/HM016/HM-DBT-016:%20BR%20Brake%20Tender%20B964116%20BR%20Blue%20FYE?dm_i=4JU,5XOA4,LMR0B8,N8HUQ,1

If you want one hurry as they are sold out of the SYP version.

https://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/HM015/HM-DBT-015:%20BR%20Brake%20Tender%20B964065%20BR%20Green,%20SYP?dm_i=4JU,5XOA4,LMR0B8,N8HUQ,1

I can't see Hornby making one if there is a rival model.

Apologies for posting that in the Hornby thread, but they do have a tie in with the magazine.

Jason

Ex Lima tooling 66 in Stobart livery as per DB (cos it lasted about five minutes in those colours before having a disagreement with trees) combined with Stobart 16T ore wagons for the ideal set...

I’m rather cynical, I hope I’m proved wrong with some interesting DE

Let's see how many more pages or froth will be added until the announcement tomorrow

Glad to oblige; as Oxford are doing the N7 which I believe Hornby were to produce, perhaps they should up-stage their new "partner".! 

post-665-0-86802200-1546805988.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had one as well; good for keeping already clean railheads nice and shiny but not good for carbon build up between point blades and stock rails.  And of course you still had to keep the loco wheels and pickups clean, so it wasn't a cure-all.