Hornby 2019 Speculation

Edge

I had one as well; good for keeping already clean railheads nice and shiny but not good for carbon build up between point blades and stock rails.  And of course you still had to keep the loco wheels and pickups clean, so it wasn't a cure-all.

Given the health and safety issues with C Cl4 grubby frogs are the least of your troubles.

• RMweb Gold

Let's see, we're expecting something parallel boiler, inside valvegear, 0-6-0. Hornby have a preference for southern. And something eyebrow raising. 

An Ilfracombe Goods perhaps? 

Hello, my first post here, so be nice :)

I would like to see classes AL1,2,3,4 and 6 in ex-works condition to go with my Bachmann AL5s.

Maybe an AM10 four car set? - again ex-works.

A diesel brake tender in green. (to remind me of my train spotting days around Cricklewood steam shed in the early to mid-60s.)

My off the wall item would be a Skaledale Rail replacement bus pack.

A few years ago I would walk by Colchester Station on most Sundays

to see a queue of buses of various vintages and men in hi-viz with clipboards.

Throw in a few vandalised bus shelters and the image is complete!

cheers

Mick

No basis for fact, but I have a funny feeling that we may well see a 310/AM10 at some point. I'd be surprised if it was Hornby doing it, but I have a funny feeling.....

• Like 1

Mk3 Inter-City Landcruiser (white roofed), Inter-City blue grey and Inter-City Executive sleepers. 

Who will get the first 00 gauge AC old skool EMU out such as the 303 304 309 310 312........whats the best unit to kick off with?  3 or 4 car?  More modern what about the 325 units on royal mail.....

Bound to see a new livery or two for the 87 but I agree with earlier posts on correcting the lighting functionality.

I am smelling a new Class 86/2 upwards. The Cross-arm pan, basic chassis block and motor towers and the mid section body is there for the taking.  Not sure if the roof is vastly different on the 86 from an 87 but between cabs the bodysides look the same to me.  Did Hornby factor in Class 86 cabs when tooling the 87? You have the bogies for an 86/1.

Maybe some Mk2e corridor coaches?   BFK or FK?

Have they announced a Mk1 BSO(T) yet?   Bachmann have yet to "charterise" their Mk1s so will Hornby do it first with the white roof charter livery?

• Like 1

I am going to write a prediction for  Hornby's 2019 range on a card. I will then place it into a box, which will be put in a hermetically sealed canister that will be closed with a padlock...

The box will be under armed guard until one minute past ten, tomorrow morning.

Battery powered wi-fi 00 gauge  SECR D class. With scale clip-together track bullhead or flatbottom. With an A4 Mallard, full set of Coronation/Jubilee carriages.

Nurse where are my pills? 

It'll happen as soon as Peco do fishbelly rail flexitrack to go with my Lion/Tiger/Planet Patentee suggestions earlier......

Out of all the manufacturers out there who could consider one, I reckon Horby would be in a prime position to announce an all singing, all dancing 37......

They've currently only got the old Lima moulding on the go, so would you bet against them announcing one? Or even a pukka 47 at that. Both types of Loco are ripe for the pickings if someone's brave enough to have a go.

It would have to be a 'definitive' version though, bit like Accurascales Deltic.......

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Gold

I am going to write a prediction for  Hornby's 2019 range on a card. I will then place it into a box, which will be put in a hermetically sealed canister that will be closed with a padlock...

The box will be under armed guard until one minute past ten, tomorrow morning.

And, following the principle of Schrodinger's cat, the predictions may be considered to be both true and false at the same time. :jester:

John

• RMweb Gold

I would like to see Hornby upgrade their banana van. Their Southern R502 van made in 1991 was based on a Hull & Barnsley design according to Ramsay' British Model Trains Catalogue. It was a limited edition of 2,500 which is about half of a normal production run.

attachicon.gif009.JPG

But, unfortunately, the H&B prototype was a Fish Van, and bore absolutely no resemblance (beyond the number of wheels and having a buffer at each corner) to any Banana Van ever owned by the Southern Railway.

Edited by Dunsignalling

Mk3 Inter-City Landcruiser (white roofed), Inter-City blue grey and Inter-City Executive sleepers. 

Who will get the first 00 gauge AC old skool EMU out such as the 303 304 309 310 312........whats the best unit to kick off with?  3 or 4 car?  More modern what about the 325 units on royal mail.....

Bound to see a new livery or two for the 87 but I agree with earlier posts on correcting the lighting functionality.

I am smelling a new Class 86/2 upwards. The Cross-arm pan, basic chassis block and motor towers and the mid section body is there for the taking.  Not sure if the roof is vastly different on the 86 from an 87 but between cabs the bodysides look the same to me.  Did Hornby factor in Class 86 cabs when tooling the 87? You have the bogies for an 86/1.

Maybe some Mk2e corridor coaches?   BFK or FK?

Have they announced a Mk1 BSO(T) yet?   Bachmann have yet to "charterise" their Mk1s so will Hornby do it first with the white roof charter livery?

Were the only Mk2 air-conditioned BFKs not Mk2Ds? I thought the Mk2e's were only FO, TSO and BSO. Were they even corridor versions by that point?

But, unfortunately, the H&B prototype was a Fish Van, and bore absolutely no resemblance (beyond the number of wheels and having a buffer at each corner) to anything ever owned by the Southern Railway.

Bananas, of course, are "Cladistically associated with the Krullian pipefish" (which of course are also yellow and go around in bunches or shoals) *

*Ponder Stibbons BF, etc.....

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

But, unfortunately, the H&B prototype was a Fish Van, and bore absolutely no resemblance (beyond the number of wheels and having a buffer at each corner) to any Banana Van ever owned by the Southern Railway.

Oh goodness! I don't think I have ever come across the Hornby R502 van, but if it is based on a Hull and Barnsley fish van, perhaps I should make acquaintance. Is it, in fact, a reasonable resemblance to a H&B fish van?

John Storey

Last minute prediction time::

Class 91 with all new Mk4s

All new Princess class with coronation coaches

A manor

A Q class

And because they love DJM so much (King, class 72, Q6....), we might even see an all new class 92 and APT!

• Like 1

I hope not, seeing as the new Heljan tooling includes a working DCC pantograph rather than one of those silly plastic ones Hornby make. Plus, Heljan has stated it shall explore other potential sub-classes in the future. I would prefer to Hornby to spend any new tooling budgets on prototypes not yet produced or nodded to by competitors. 

• Like 1

Were the only Mk2 air-conditioned BFKs not Mk2Ds?

Yes, there were only 34 Mk2 air-conditioned BFK’s built and they were the Mk2d.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Bananas, of course, are "Cladistically associated with the Krullian pipefish" (which of course are also yellow and go around in bunches or shoals) *

*Ponder Stibbons BF, etc.....

Is it wise to upset Lord Havelock Vetinari - you know the Scorpion pit awaits...

...or you could be kicked out of the human race for shoving ;)

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 1

Oh goodness! I don't think I have ever come across the Hornby R502 van, but if it is based on a Hull and Barnsley fish van, perhaps I should make acquaintance. Is it, in fact, a reasonable resemblance to a H&B fish van?

John Storey

There have been threads on here where people have turned it into a decent model. It's what it is, a forty year old model with compromises. It can scrub up pretty well though.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/66764-Hornby-kitkat-van-and-similar-prototype/

http://www.igg.org.uk/rail/00-app2/lner/handbr.htm

If you really wanted one and can build kits then Wizard make similar H&B vans to them.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/wagons/hbrd015/

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/wagons/hbrd013/

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport