New video RDC and 156

AMJ

Watching that clip, especially the part with the 156 printing rage, I can only imagine how loud a normal conversation with Jason and Charlie must be! And I bet Arran could still fall asleep during it!

Nice to see the fun side of producing trains in these videos.

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold

At 6.10 it looks like the 16xx bunker, hard to logically be anything else.

But at 6.12 were looking at a 4-6-0, got all excited for a minute thinking we were secretly getting a Black 5, but that massive bracket precludes that one, alas i think it is but a CP D10e,f,g,h has announced on there website for 2019.

At 6.10 it looks like the 16xx bunker, hard to logically be anything else.

But at 6.12 were looking at a 4-6-0, got all excited for a minute thinking we were secretly getting a Black 5, but that massive bracket precludes that one, alas i think it is but a CP D10e,f,g,h has announced on there website for 2019.

I think you are likely seeing D-10 cad, the extended spacing between the 2nd and 3rd axles is a bit of a tell on that.

Not overtly related to Rapidos video, but those of us here in Canada who pay too much attention to this kind of stuff are watching a mysterious company no one has ever heard of with a proponent who seems to be a pseudonym who claim to have a D-10 that will be in production and on shelves in 2019, it will be interesting to see if they succeed or if Rapidos D-10 formally gets announced with numbers and price and gets the sales. Even with nominally different subclasses, I’m not sure the market is big enough for two D-10’s!

Stephen

The CP D10 / CN Ten Wheeler are no longer next and thus unlikely for 2019.

The next steam model following the Royal Hudson will be the regular Hudson due to the minimal amount of extra tooling required.

Not overtly related to Rapidos video, but those of us here in Canada who pay too much attention to this kind of stuff are watching a mysterious company no one has ever heard of with a proponent who seems to be a pseudonym who claim to have a D-10 that will be in production and on shelves in 2019, it will be interesting to see if they succeed or if Rapidos D-10 formally gets announced with numbers and price and gets the sales. Even with nominally different subclasses, I’m not sure the market is big enough for two D-10’s!

And worth noting that they repeatedly claim it will arrive in a matter of weeks.

From the Facebook page of this mysterious competitor we get the following quotes about release date:

Sept 29 - "within the next couple of weeks"

Oct 11 - "Sorry for the delay folks - between the Mid - Autumn festival and the typhoon we are hoping to have them here shortly."

Oct 24 - posting photos of last minute tooling changes

Nov 30 - "we are trying to, but we aren’t willing to sacrifice quality." [in response to question if they will arrive before Christmas]

Dec 14 - still working on the sound decoder.

The sad part is, even if this is a real product, it is damaging the hobby with these outright lies.  You can't legitimately claim the product is due in 2 weeks and then instead 4 weeks later post photos of tooling changes being made.  If a product was due in 2 weeks then it would have already been finished production.

[edit to add]

the latest post from 14 hours ago, when asked what sound decoder they are using:

"we have designed our own! But it is compatible with any manufacturer! Production samples are en route now!"

Really?

Edited by mdvle

And worth noting that they repeatedly claim it will arrive in a matter of weeks.

From the Facebook page of this mysterious competitor we get the following quotes about release date:

Sept 29 - "within the next couple of weeks"

Oct 11 - "Sorry for the delay folks - between the Mid - Autumn festival and the typhoon we are hoping to have them here shortly."

Oct 24 - posting photos of last minute tooling changes

Nov 30 - "we are trying to, but we aren’t willing to sacrifice quality." [in response to question if they will arrive before Christmas]

Dec 14 - still working on the sound decoder.

The sad part is, even if this is a real product, it is damaging the hobby with these outright lies. You can't legitimately claim the product is due in 2 weeks and then instead 4 weeks later post photos of tooling changes being made. If a product was due in 2 weeks then it would have already been finished production.

[edit to add]

the latest post from 14 hours ago, when asked what sound decoder they are using:

"we have designed our own! But it is compatible with any manufacturer! Production samples are en route now!"

Really?

Oh, I hope I didn’t give the impression I think this other company is any more than vapourware, I am certainly not holding my breath, or expecting great things from them given what I believe/am lead to believe about who the proponents are and where the model is coming from.

I also don’t need a D-10 for my layout or display case, so I’m not going to be too upset one way or the other.

Stephen

Oh, I hope I didn’t give the impression I think this other company is any more than vapourware, I am certainly not holding my breath, or expecting great things from them given what I believe/am lead to believe about who the proponents are and where the model is coming from.

Certainly didn't think you did, but just outlining the issues for those who aren't necessarily fully aware of the issues surrounding this company.

There are technical issues for the first 5 minutes or so that are worth working through, but Jason / Rapido did a live Facebook video segment with Trainworld (US hobby shop) giving a tour of the factory and answering some viewer questions, and they have nicely now uploaded it to YouTube

Edited by mdvle
  • Like 1